Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An idea for the Meatup next year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An idea for the Meatup next year.

Would anyone be interested in a sauce/rub/marinade exchange at the Meatup? I'm thinking people could bring a bottle or bag of a local product that they would like to trade with someone else. Or multiple products if ya want.

I can think of two ways to do this. First, just show up with whatever and find a trade. Or we could start a trade thread a bit before the Meatup so people could make the trade in advance, and do the exchange at the Meatup.

Does anyone like this idea, or have any suggestions on how to do this?

Edit to add that the higher ups here might not want to be involved in this for legal or liability reasons.
    Last edited by RonB; September 13, 2019, 06:04 PM.

I really like yer idea, an also think it would / could be really cool with Members' own
    rubs, sauces, etc., thrown into th mix, as well...
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 13, 2019, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanx Bonesy - I fergot to include home made...
      Last edited by RonB; September 13, 2019, 06:21 PM.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      I jus tossed it in there fer consideration, on accounta we're always swappin receipts fer such things, an even if I'd previous made one of yers, I'd like some confirmation that I done it up, right... RonB

Gotta make me up some sauces this weekend, runnin low at home, an have a cookout comin up at work, as well...prob do ~ a gallon each, 001, an 001B
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 13, 2019, 06:31 PM.

Oh yeah.

Comment

Cool idea. Don't know about homemade, may get into legal liability issues.
      Last edited by mountainsmoker; September 13, 2019, 06:28 PM.

Comment

You could always do a version of the dirty Santa or Secret Santa game or something like that.

My unprofessional opinion is I think as long as you approach this as a "gift" and not a "purchase" you should be good. So maybe play Secret Santa in July...

just a thought.... still hoping I can join you all...

Comment

Won't work for me as I fly with only carry-on. Not sure someone is only going to want 100 ml (3 oz) of sauce.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            pkadare I routinely distribute/gift 4 oz. Baby Food jar samples of my sauce, so I'm in fer swappin with ya, Brother! Hook me up!

HouseHomey True Dat!!!
            Depends on how good it is?

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            Mr. Bones Do you have a recipe for all that baby food you must be smokin?

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            RonB , indeed, I do...I have, previous, posted my receipts fer both my '001', an '001B'

Th Baby food jars, why I can shop around, find huge lots on ePay, snag, fill, an distribute.

Lot auctions of them 25/50/100) are frequent, an usually yer best deal, but, ya gotta caveat emptor, shop, buy it now when ya find what ya want, at th price point ya want. Think ¢heap.

They almost never come home, despite my gentle mention of returnin my jars...hence, my ePay experience.
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 14, 2019, 09:28 AM.

I wondered what I was gonna do with that old fish I have laying around.

There a re a lot of unique products out there. Interesting idea.

Comment

Great on the grill or in the kitchen: you can cook with it because it’s real sauce made from fresh pureed vegetables!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here