Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Appetite Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Appetite Tour

So, I'm doing the Appetite Tour this year (2nd time). It's in close collaboration with beef farmer called 'Landbergs'. He raises Hereford cattle and now pigs also. The quality is out of this world. The cows get to the age of 30-36 months before butchered. The pigs 18-20 months. Last year was a huge hit, so many people came it took us by storm. This year it's a two day event instead. It all starts tomorrow. I'll be discussing barbecue and grilling picanha and flap meat for people to try. Then in the evening I start all the prep work. At 10-11 pm I'm gonna fire up my offset smoker ('Rude Boy') and smoke meat all night. Then serve the crowd on Sunday between 10am-4pm. No sleep, but it will be fun.

Last year I did 4 dishes (myself), don't know what I was thinking. I cooked and served 600 people. This year I've reduced it to two dishes, brisket and pork belly. And I've made all the sides simpler to make it easier.

Anyhow, I'm smoking 9 large briskets and 30+ pork bellies overnight. The smoker is in place, waiting to be fired up. I'm gonna be dead tired come Sunday. But I'll try and report back. Wish me luck!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2264.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	565709

Man I wish I could make it, dang !!! Rude Boy rules !!! Good luck, take plenty of pix, full report, well you know !!!

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      I know :-)

Sounds like fun!

Comment

You don't need luck 'cause you already know what you are doing, but since you asked - good luck!

Comment

Henrik, Hank Just Put Your Shoulder Against A Cool Spot And Keep Pushing‼️ All Will Be Fine❗️ I Wish I Could Be There‼️❓‼️
        From A Backyard Cremator In Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

That sounds like a fun time. Here's hoping a fan or two wants to hang out with you all night/morning!

Comment

Damm Henrik. Get yourself some help with all that and enjoy a beer. Good luck

Comment

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              You would know. 🕶

Lots of caffeine and have fun. Should be a great time.

Comment

Sounds fun. Wish I were there. Good luck although I doubt you need it.

Comment

Cool Henrik!

Comment

It's just like WOODSTOCK man! NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN...

Then the PA man says 'There's some bad beans out there - there's Tums and Alka Seltzer available in the med tents'.

Have a great time!

Comment

• EdF
                    EdF commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Stay away from the brown beans!

So, day 1 went smoothly. We did some (direct) grilling of picanha, butcher's steak and flap meat. Just so people could try various cuts. I did all the brisket trimming in the evening. The pork bellies were fine, so I just applied a rub. I fired up my smoker at 22:45, and added all the briskets at 23:00. At 02:00 it was time for the pork belly. The time is now 04:30, and I've wrapped the briskets in butcher's paper and I'm just riding it out, waiting for the cuts to finish.

Sorry for the bad photos, but it's pitch black outside and I'm using my headlamp for light.

The raw briskets, just added

Name:	ar-1.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	263.7 KB
ID:	566615

Oak wood burning

Name:	ar-2.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	256.2 KB
ID:	566617

Here's some pork belly and wrapped briskets (front half of cooking chamber)

Name:	ar-3.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	566616

And another one (rear half of cooking chamber)

Name:	ar-4.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	566618

Comment

• holehogg
                    holehogg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looking good.

• theroc
                    theroc commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looks like standing room only in the smoker!

Sounds like my schedule. Are you sure your not working with me this weekend.

Cool pics, that's a lot of work. Looks like a lot of fun too!! Awesome event.

Comment

Wow. That is a ton of work but I bet you have fun too. Hope you don’t have to get up early on Monday.

Comment

Maybe I can get a flight...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here