Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meathead training Day Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meathead training Day Suggestion

So....I had this thought come to me, not sure if this is the right place to put this, but here goes. What about Meathead doing a 2 or 3 day 'school' at a place near him (like his backyard?) where a limited number of people could come, learn, practice and than digest what they have learned (figuratively and literally). Have people pay a certain cost, limit it to the 1st 10-20 people (or more) that sign up, or hold some kind of drawing or competition to determine who can attend. Possible have other 'teachers' come as well. It would be a time to get to know each other, learn and fellowship over great food and drink.
    Yes? No? or I've been inhaling too much charcoal smoke..........

Sounds like fun to me.

Comment

Almost sounds like a meet up.
      Maybe we could do this in combination with ecowper ‘s rodeo. 😎

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Lmao!!!

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        Ill bring the livestock! lemme go get my hat!

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't forget your big honkin' belt buckle dude !!!

So what do you do with them mpteen hours the briskest and butts cook. Ooh...ohh... I know! Let's drink!!

Great idea really. But the probability of disaster is high. COUNT ME IN!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, reckon there's some of us could bring acoustic instruments, mebbe they'd even tolerate me joinin in!
        Admittedly, we'd still be drinkin, but we'd have a live soundtrack fer th cooks...

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Great Mr. Bones live documentation of Shenanigans with a soundtrack. COUNT ME IN!!

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
      Almost sounds like a meet up.
      Maybe we could do this in combination with ecowper ‘s rodeo. 😎
      Meat up! I see what you did there!

Comment

That would be awesome. Count me in for a meet up.

Comment

I would LOVE to do something like this! I am probably a better teacher than anything. Alas, not likely to happen. My wife is retiring in DEC and NO WAY would she let me have a bunch of friends bomb in on our house/bathrooms and get in the way of her garden. I have thought about holding classes at a resort, but I have just been too busy to plan it. Higher priority: A meat-Up for Pitmaster Club members, but I can't work on that until I finish my book in progress. Sigh.

Comment

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            SmokeyGator that is a great idea. We can do it up here in the winter. Then we don’t have to worry about MH’s wife’s flowers cuz they’ll be dead. And, we can go for a cruise on one of the lakes up here & go hard water fishin.

• SmokeyGator
            SmokeyGator commented
            Editing a comment
            FireMan water down here is always hard. Because it comes out of limestone

• SmokeyGator
            SmokeyGator commented
            Editing a comment
            Agree completely. I wouldn’t want a bunch of weirdos (no offense to anyone) showing up at my personal home. But as for a a meet-up......you know it’s warm in south Florida. I’m not even wearing socks right now!!

I would definitely come to a meet up. Great people and good food sounds fun to me!

Comment

What if "someone" else managed to host the event at their family ranch?

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              Meathead can you make it a Readers Digest edition?😁😂😎

• Kevin Fuess
              Kevin Fuess commented
              Editing a comment
              Read faster! - (Oh, you probably meant writing)

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              barelfly those are at the vacation house in Gruene. There is a much bigger, and more complete outdoor setup at the ranch house.

I love it when we have a thread & somebody makes a left turn somewhere & it gets wild & crazy. Shoot we even lured Meathead into this one. Good times at Pittsville High. 😎

Comment

There ought to be enough of us in any big city to take different grill types to a nice park or such. Rent a food truck to have the necessary health department issues answered. Cook all day and any left over on late completions donated to the local soup kitchen. I'd scrub my GMG to a shiny new look to haul across town to be able to attend a meatup.

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Health Department? We don’t want them anywhere near us. They’ll make us clean n’ stuff. 🤓

I wholeheartedly recommend Meathead's smoking demos. A while back, my wife and I attended a 2 day session with Meathead in Paso Robles, CA and, as a bonus to having a great time, he showed us how three ways to produce a great Thanksgiving turkey (sous vide breasts, spatchcock and the "Norman Rockwell" bird). We also had a terrific time at the first "international meat-up" at the Green Turtle Club in the Bahamas.

We'd be anxiously awaiting word of another meat-up, especially if Meathead is offering more training.

Comment

If you guys could drag your carcasses down to Argentina (it's about 6000 miles) so too far to swim. I could put something together. Have beef, beer and pit smokers.

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You continue to tempt at least a few of us Ahumadora!

• Ahumadora
                  Ahumadora commented
                  Editing a comment
                  EdF You will be begging for a salad within 3 days of arriving!

• Donw
                  Donw commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lets make it soon. Just checked my passport and the "Gringo Tax" stamp is still valid. At least I won’t have to repaid the $100 fee if you have it in the next year.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here