Smokin-It 3D
Weber Kettle with an SNS
Masterbuilt kettle that I call the $30 wonder grill
Bullet by Bull Grills gasser
Anova WiFi sous vide machine
Thermoworks Thermapen and Chef Alarm
Bump! The Meat Up is getting close and the hotel sent me a message that they are extending the cut off date for the rooms until August 20th. The original cut off was tomorrow 8/7.
Still time to reserve a room and have some chile pepper fun!
I know I waited awhile but I finally got the rental car lined up. A Nissan Rogue or equivalent for 7 days for $625 through Hertz, way cheaper than the other places I checked.
Now, I just have to decide what to do for the middle of the week. I leave Chimayo/ Santa Fe Wednesday morning and I won't check in at Las Cruces until Thursday afternoon, I can (and probably will) change that to Friday if I find some other things to do in central New Mexico.
EDIT: I decided to spend time in Riudoso from Wednesday afternoon until Friday Morning. I found a log cabin rental for a decent price, well until all the fees were added on... Haven't booked yet - still looking.
Last edited by 58limited; August 8, 2026, 03:04 PM.
We are thinking about catching hwy 434 out of Mora and seeing where it goes post MeatUp. There are several "roads" that branch off of there that look like they could be interesting.
Sounds like that might be my lunch on Thursday. This is one of those trips that I plan to stay in certain areas but won't decide what to do, see, or eat until I'm there.
Smokin-It 3D
Weber Kettle with an SNS
Masterbuilt kettle that I call the $30 wonder grill
Bullet by Bull Grills gasser
Anova WiFi sous vide machine
Thermoworks Thermapen and Chef Alarm
Just a few more weeks away for those attending! Going to be a great event! Looking forward to the Saturday Hatch Chile Festival meet up.
Will post more details as we get closer, but with the heat and crowds, it’s good to plan to get to Hatch early in the day. We are usually in Hatch by 9am so we can park close to the grounds and then walk the festival and through the town from there. Hatch is about 30-40 minutes from Las Cruces. It’s going to be a great time and looking forward to seeing the group!
and here’s the most up to date events list for the weekend:
I hope that the festival is good. Hatch Green Chile Co. just sent an e-mail, there is a partial crop failure this year but there still seems to be enough to order if you hurry.
Checked in with the airline and car rental company, ready to go! Flight leaves at 6am in the morning and arrives in Santa Fe at 10am.
The only restaurant in Chimayo is closed on Mondays so I'll look for things to do in Santa Fe then eat an early dinner and drive to the hotel in Chimayo.
4am at the airport. They say to get here 2 hrs before your flight. This is a small regional airport so last year I showed up an hour before. - mistake. The airport was crowded and they were already screening everyone at security.
Today I'm 2 hours early and this place is dead. No concessions either
This is great: I got off the puddle jumper at gate E22 and my departure is at gate E23. First time I haven't had to haul ass across DFW to make a connection.
Comment