Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring 2023 Texas MeatUp Is Cancelled…Moving It To North Carolina 😱

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring 2023 Texas MeatUp Is Cancelled…Moving It To North Carolina 😱

After a lot of discussions with the regular MeatUp guys living here in Texas, along with CaptainMike , we’re not going to be doing a Spring MeatUp next year. We’ll definitely pick it back up in the Fall though. Some of us have been looking forward to attending WayneT ‘s North Carolina MeatUp and meeting some new members, along with trying some new BBQ. We weren’t sure about putting one together again, then turn around and driving/flying to North Carolina…..it’s about a 16 hour drive for me. We’ve done this every 6 months now for the last 2 years, maybe a little break is needed anyway.

I spoke to all the guys about this and they were all fine with it and couldn’t have been more gracious. In fact, a few people suggested maybe changing it to once a year, instead of twice. I think they were just tired of seeing my sorry ass so often. 😂 58limited said he’s gonna try and make the NC event if he can, CaptainMike is booked, LA Pork Butt said he’s gonna try and make it as well. If anyone was thinking about attending the Texas MeatUp this Spring, try and make it to NC instead if you can! That would be great to have a large contingent of Texas boys there, we can show the rest of em how real BBQ is done! 😉
    Last edited by Panhead John; November 28, 2022, 08:33 PM.

We'll always have Texas....

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      😂😂😂👍👍👍

I certainly hope as many regulars from the TX Meat-Ups can make it to NC in May. We will welcome you warmly and share our mutual love for great BBQ. Bring your tall tales, half-truths, legends and lies to share with your Pit compatriots as we gather round for group therapy.

Panhead John , you deserve a break. It’s not like you haven’t been planning a meat-up, it’s just being done remotely as a destination event. Take a bow and rest on your laurels for a bit.

Comment

I feel honored that the Texas group may be here to help us make our NC meet successful.

Thanks
      JD

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Clawbear57 Be careful what you ask for, I can swing a mean pillow! 😉
        Last edited by Panhead John; November 28, 2022, 11:40 PM.

• WayneT
        WayneT commented
        Editing a comment
        Well said, James! It is an honor indeed.

• Clawbear57
        Clawbear57 commented
        Editing a comment
        I may have to throw in my skirt.

That gives me more time to get ready for a Texas meet up. Come on fall!

Comment

• WayneT
        WayneT commented
        Editing a comment
        If y'all do a fall one, I will definitely try to make it.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here