Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in a central NC Meatup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any interest in a central NC Meatup?

I've read several of the posts under this channel and seen lunch-time, single day and multi-day meat-up events planned and sometimes executed. I learned that some are planned around holidays, when working people have time off. Obviously, the lunch-time and single day meat-up would be simplest and easiest to plan and execute. Scheduling around a weekend (Saturday) or holiday would allow worker bees more opportunity to participate.

It's always fun to put faces with names in virtual communities such as AR, and meet people you interact with in cyberspace on a daily or weekly basis. Is there enough interest to pursue a broader NC or central NC meat-up during the upcoming holidays or next spring? I'd be happy to co-engineer such an event if someone else wants to share the fun.

Man, i'd love to attend on a meet-up..

Comment

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      Come on across the pond Elton!

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yessire WayneT

I would be interested. Spring 2023 may be easier to plan with all the upcoming holidays and events.

Comment

I plan on making a road trip to the next Meatup in Texas in the spring, if you get something going shortly before or after I could probably make it. My old fire captain and his family live in NC and I could swing over and visit with them too.

Comment

• WayneT
        WayneT commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be awesome! We will see how this turns out.

Depends when and where. The further I get from the house, the less time I can spend as I don't like leaving the dogs crated longer than they have to be.

Comment

I would love to come. I have friends and former colleagues in the Carolinas and try to get down there every spring for a visit. I could easily build this stop in.

Comment

• WayneT
          WayneT commented
          Editing a comment
          That would only be fair since I'll be up in Shiocton, WI this coming February.

• Jfrosty27
          Jfrosty27 commented
          Editing a comment
          WayneT If you find yourself in the Milwaukee area with a few minutes to spare I’d love to get together to meet you.

• WayneT
          WayneT commented
          Editing a comment
          Jfrosty27 That sounds great. I can plan that into my trip. Maybe grab lunch together…in a warm spot!

Doing a bump and tagging known NC members, even those who have already responded. Sorry if I overlooked anyone using my meager search skills. Pass the word.

scottranda
        ILMsmoke
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        Clawbear57
        mcook
        TWBarbecue
        SavageSmoke
        Hulagn1971
        BBillFleet
        Chuck in Charlotte
        CLB3
        bunky2021
        ​
        ​
        Last edited by WayneT; October 15, 2022, 07:40 PM.

Comment

If I can make it work, I would love to join. I am about 2 hours from Greensboro. Not sure where you were thinking.

Comment

• WayneT
            WayneT commented
            Editing a comment
            That would be awesome, David. Greensboro certainly has a lot to offer especially if it's a multi-day event. I lived in Greensboro for 25 years before moving just west of Winston-Salem.

I’m 100% down for spring 2023 meat up in the Carolinas! I can help you plan it too!

(I’m in Charlotte. Raleigh could work too)

Comment

A bit far for me but I will follow along and if it works out that I can come I would love that.

Comment

Sounds good to me!

Comment

scottranda I saw that you were involved in some of the CLT area meat-ups previously so your experience would go a long way in making this one successful. I accept your offer to work on this jointly, if that's the way you want to roll.

I think next spring (May 2023?) would be an ideal time to have it so we could get all the moving parts moving in the same direction at the same time. My wife is retiring in late April so that would be out for me. I prefer a long planning window and by May, the weather should be more predictable and spring-like.

I do think there are three likely candidate areas for the meat-up: Triangle (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill), Triad (Greensboro/High Point/Winston-Salem) and, Greater Charlotte.

Let's keep talking!

Comment

Triangle area works for me. Would be great to have a get together. Keep us posted.

Comment

If I may butt in here and give a bit of a PSA for the Meat Up concept/process/experience. It is a better than average online community we enjoy here on AR, and for all it's positive features there's still no substitute for that old fashioned concept of meeting face to face. We learn a fair bit about the lives and perspectives of our fellow participants here, especially the more active posters, but you'd be surprised how many other life intersections you discover when sitting around in a group discussion. It ranges for TMI when listening to PJ describe his life adventures, to sharing "war stories" with folks who've perhaps shared past military involvement that never gets revealed on these pages..............that's just one positive example. The friendships formed face to face are pretty special..........................worth the effort to free up some time and expense to partake in.

Comment

• WayneT
                      WayneT commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you Uncle Bob That’s a great testimony for moving this concept forward. I’ve followed y’all some on the TX meat-up and enjoyed all the posts. It’s clear there is nothing like a face-to-face hoe down to really cement friendships and explore vulnerabilities in a safe setting. I’ll do whatever I can to make it happen.

Just returned from the Texas Meatup. Ya gotta do it. Relationships made here on the forum are really deepened face to face.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here