Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Va Meatup - 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Va Meatup - 2022

Mudkat HawkerXP

Would any of the Virginia Pitmaster members (or anyone willing to drive to Va) be interested in a weekend of camping, BBQ, and fellowship this spring or early summer...

Here is the follow-up from the last one we did in 2019... https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...t-up-follow-up

edit to add - If anyone has suggestions on locations please post-up especially camping areas with hotel lodging nearby for the non-campers...

clb239

Roll-Call:

Interested in attending and Camping -
    clb239
    HawkerXP
    Mudkat
    Yohawk

Interested in attending but not camping -
    RonB
    DaveD
    DavidNorcross
    Last edited by clb239; January 29, 2022, 06:16 PM.

Hell yeah!

Comment

I have an intense dislike for camping, but I might be able to show up for a meal....

Comment

Absolutely interested. Daughter is due in May (first grandchild) so I’m thinking late June maybe? I’ll have check with the ladies on that.

Comment

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          Evening stranger and congrats on the grandchild.

I’d be up for that!

Comment

All right !!! We're doing ours (as you well know by now) in April and already planning on an October new venue in the Texas Hill Country. I spent about 5 years part time living and working in Tysons Corner and love the Virginia country side. I know you guys will have a blast, I remember pics from your last one. You know the drill, full disclosure and pics (or does what happens in Virginia stay in Virginia )

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Only time will tell.

Camping isn't in the cards for me either but if the location isn't too far, would love to stop by and meat some folks...

Comment

I am not setup for camping but depending on location would try my best to stop by.

Comment

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm thinkin' that the James River State Park might be doable for you.

• DavidNorcross
              DavidNorcross commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes. Very close

I’m pulling for y’all. Are there any motels near the camp site? The theme could be Motel-ers meet Campers.

Comment

• clb239
              clb239 commented
              Editing a comment
              No spot has been picked yet..Last time was at James River State Park and there weren't really any hotels anywhere nearby...

Mudkat and I have done Shenandoah River State Park General information (virginia.gov) a few times, but I don't remember anything like a hotel / motel. They do have cabins and parking for your mobile home.

Comment

I am looking at some parks and other campgrounds that might be good options with hotels somewhat nearby...

Comment

Interested in attending but not camping. These are always a good time.

Comment

How about Graves Mountain Lodge? They have campsites, and motel rooms. Not much else in the area unless you like to fly fish.
                  1800 Acres to Adventure in the Blue Ridge - Hiking 18 mi of trails, Old Rag, White Oak, Fishing, Riding, Biking, Farm Restaurant, Lodge Rooms, Cabins, Camping

Comment

• HawkerXP
                    HawkerXP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This is a new one. Will check it out.

Furthering what HawkerXP said above The Shenandoah River STATE park has great cabins fully stocked and air conditioning, kitchen, fireplace and fire pit. Better than a motel room except during Covid you have to bring your own linens. RV sites are really nice too. Campsites are some of the best in the area. Yurts are nice too.

The park has 5.6 miles of river frontage along the south fork of the Shenandoah River. The rolling, hilly land features steep slopes and is mostly wooded.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
                    LA Pork Butt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That sounds like a great place for a Meat Up!

I got rid of all my camping stuff except for my sleeping bag. I am interested but it would be a day trip or borrowing a tent.
                  Last edited by Thunder77; February 18, 2022, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Mudkat
                    Mudkat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Consider yourself covered on an extra tent. I am like the Noah of camping. I bring two of everything.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here