Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D’Artagnan steak deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D’Artagnan steak deal

This showed up in my inbox, 25% off. Code "STEAK". $192. Not sure if you can stack the shipping with the 25%. Good through 11:59 Jan 27th.

I don’t really need more steak, but the grass fed angle is intriguing. I have had it, but I don’t really remember thinking it was better... or worse, for that matter. Or even that different. The vendor claims that the cattle are aged on the hoof for five years, and fed only grass.

I dunno. With the 25%, the price is comparable to our local supermarkets.

Question is, what is the deal with the grass fed steaks? I’m sure I’ll like them, but why will I like them?
    Last edited by Mosca; January 26, 2021, 09:43 AM.

I've never knowingly tried grass feed beef. But what I have seen in stores has always had very little marbling, so I haven't bought any.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	79967FF2-14CB-40A3-8E2C-8C196341DB9D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.21 MB ID:	980512I recently got this book for a birthday gift. If you love steak, both eating and cooking it, I strongly recommend it. Aaron Franklin takes a deep dive into all things steak including grass fed vs not. He points out that as with most things, all are not equal. Too much to get into here but in a nut shell, older cows, pasture raised, fed nothing but grass and other pasture forage are the best. In his opinion, quality grass fed vs not is the obvious choice. Just one man’s opinion I guess.

Comment

I did a freezer inventory, we would have to eat steak for every meal for the next two months in order to deplete the current supply. So I placed the order.

Comment

You can keep the grass fed. Corn finish for this Midwesterner. Thanks for the notice however, their stuff is usually very good.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here