Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Makegoodfood.ca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makegoodfood.ca

We've been using makegoodfood.ca for quite some time now (one of those food box providers) and have been loving it. They have a menu choice they call Clean 15 which is basically low carb, and the food is great, really fresh, and the recipes and flavours are awesome. In addition, during this time of self isolation, I really appreciate the fact that it cuts way down the amount of grocery shopping that I need to do. We get 4 meals a week and the other 3, at least for the immediate future, I can pretty much cover with the massive amount of meat I have in my freezer. :-)

Don't remember ever hearing of makegoodfood.
    Hello Fresh seems to be the more prominent food box provider option so far.
    Have picked up full trailers at they're plant in Brampton, I was actually quite amazed by the volume they do ship.
    An option we should start using more often given the current events.

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      We started with Hello Fresh but switched as Hello Fresh doesn't have a low carb option.

We get 3 Hello Fresh meals a week. It saves me at least one trip per week to the grocery, and cuts down on my impulse buying, like when briskets or pork butts automatically jump into the cart.

I enjoy the creativity of cooking so I often jump the Hello Fresh corral and use the ingredients for a meal for something completely different from the included recipe.

That said, most of their meals are pretty tasty. Their fresh produce is pretty sad, though, usually. Not bad, just not super fresh, hello?

Kathryn

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      We found the same with Hello Fresh as far as their produce goes. That plus the lack of a low carb menu option pushed us over the edge. MakeGoodFood's produce is just as fresh as I'd get in the grocery store and the portions are perfect. Really nice not to have a fridge full of leftovers that no one will eat. :-)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here