Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porter Road

I pulled the trigger on my first ever internet meat buy. Looked at SRF, but Porter Road started out right down the road in Nashville, so I decided to go with them. I missed the Thanksgiving sale, but I started looking at some stuff last week. I really wanted some tri tip, but it was sold out, so I put some other stuff in the shopping cart and decided to wait. Low and behold, I went back to look today and they had added a free order of lamb curry link sausages to my cart, and the tri tip was available. So I got a couple slabs of spares, tri tip, some ox tails cause they look so good in the pics, and what I REALLY wanted, lamb neck. I never even knew lamb neck was sold, but I can't wait to give it a try. My wife thinks I have lost my mind - lamb neck coming right after my coon adventure...

I love porter road and order pretty regularly. I have done their oxtails via the Troutman recipe and they were amazing. I highly recommend their loose pork chorizo and the chuck eye steaks.

They only butcher a limited amount each week and whats available is available since most ships never frozen.
    Last edited by grantgallagher; December 27, 2019, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      The only way we do ox tails now is that osso bucco recipe. It is just so good.

Huge PR fan. I get a subscription box. Worth it.

Comment

As I mentioned in another post, I too am high on these guys and their service. Last July I bought, after a long wait in line, two dino short rib plates from them. They were massive. I froze one and prepped and cooked the other. There was a lot of fat on the first one, maybe as much as 35-40%. The meat more than made up for it however.

Had some friends come over before Christmas and decided to smoke and treat them to the other. This one was worse, I'd venture to say about 60% fat. Totally unacceptable. We ended up cooking something else in its place, kind of an embarrassment. I contacted them with some photos of said plate and they promptly refunded my money. I knew they were having problems cranking out those rib plates with lots of complaints over the fat content. They claim they have better QC on those.

Regardless, I still think they're one of the best online sources for good meat. Their Berkshire pork butts are amazing !!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bad Ribs 01.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	784126Click image for larger version

Name:	Bad Ribs 02.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	784127
      Last edited by Troutman; December 27, 2019, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you salvage anything from them? Looks like maybe you could grind it up and mix it with some chuck for burgers.

I hear nothing but good things on here. Guess I should stop being lazy and swing bye.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here