Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pat Lafrieda burgers and hot dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pat Lafrieda burgers and hot dogs

Got the new fridge, with a bigger freezer, so I finally ordered the stuff I’ve been eyeing.

The hot dogs... meh. They’re okay, I guess. They have an overt beefiness that’s not really all that attractive. It’s unbalanced. They have a high standard to beat in Alpine House all beef franks, and they aren’t even close to it.

The Original Blend burgers are the best hamburgers I’ve ever tasted. They come 4 to a pound and a half, 6oz each.they fry up with a lot of sizzle and very little shrinkage, with no "mounding". Think of the best burger you ever made... that is what these taste like. Ive tried the SRF American Wagyu burgers. These are much, much better.

They have fresh turkeys right now, but the price is, um, steep!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, and you still gotta pluck 'em.

Thanks for the feedback. I tried some National Kosher dogs the other day. I split the ends and cooked them in a 350 convection oven for a fall festival and them dudes were goooooooooood.

Comment

Just clicked on your hot dog link Mosca. Those look good. Do you order them skinless or in natural casings?

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        We get them in the supermarket here. Skinless. Best hot dogs ever.

I forewent breakfast to have another cheeseburger for lunch. It takes a lot for me to skip bacon and eggs... well, I put bacon on the burger. But still. Damn fine hamburgers, these.

Comment

• jgreen
        jgreen commented
        Editing a comment
        Love burgers. Great idea to add bacon. Bacon makes everything better.

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Bacon mushroom swiss. Oh yeah..... jgreen

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        HawkerXP - seconded!

I agree with your burger assessment. Their burger is definitely great stuff.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here