Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online Heritage Pork Source (NOT The Other White Meat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Heritage Pork Source (NOT The Other White Meat)

Does anyone know of a online source for heritage pork? I was just explaining to my kids that back in the good old days pork chops weren’t leaner than chicken. I’ve decided I need to get some "real" pork for them to try. Any recommendations appreciated.

Craigslist. Seriously. Local farmers advertise pork on CL. Bonus, you get to meet the farmer, see the operation, know what inputs were used.

Comment

Berkshire Pork is raised outdoors on pasture with open access to forage and grain by family farmers in Iowa and New Jersey. The pork meat is dark pink to red hued, heavily marbled, juicy and tender. Berkshire pigs grow slowly, taking almost twice as long to grow and develop as a conventionally raised pig.

Comment

Thanks fo the replies. Checked Craig’s list no one near me is listed but we do have a local news appear that has a very popular and large online classifieds will look there. Also looks like crowdcow Berkshire coming available soon.

Comment

These juicy, delicious, and perfectly marbled heritage pork cuts are truly our favorites! Satisfaction guaranteed.

Comment

I just cooked some of their Berkshire SLCs and they were great. Alas, very pricey with shipping. Get on their e-mail list as they sometimes offers discounts, including free shipping. A great source for many meats.

Comment

Shop authentic Kurobuta pork products from Snake River Farms. Kurobuta ham, ribs, bacon, pork chops, and more are available to ship straight to your door.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here