Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Third order with Crowd Cow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third order with Crowd Cow

The first order came with 10 pounds of dry ice with a blanket of thin insulation. No ice but still frozen. This was a couple of months ago. The second came with the same type of packaging with 15 pounds of dry ice. No ice. Frozen meat.
    The third pack showed today with a styrofoam ice chest and 25 pounds of dry ice. The chest was not as thick as the ones sent by Snake River. There was about a 1/2 cup of dry ice left and meat was frozen solid. The weather today is in the low 90's.
    I think they have their shipping down better.
    I got a 10.5 dry aged brisket packer and 2 packs of chuck short ribs at @ 2.5 pounds each.
    They are from the Lone Star ranch I think. The brisket seems to have part of the point cut off as it is shorter than I usually see.
    I would order from them again.
    Will post pictures when they meet the smoke.
    l

Good to hear they are getting their dry ice problems behind them, especially with summer coming. I’ve never had a problem but I believe Willey had to have several attempts made to get a shipment frozen into the Southwest.

Comment

Nice order. Enjoy.

Comment

I've only ordered from Snake River and Creekstone but both have excellent packaging and things have always arrived frozen solid. My wife loves the insulated carry bags that Snake River sends stuff in.

Comment

I had an issue with some SRF meat coming thawed and temping at about 50 degrees once. A quick email and they had another shipment on the way to me. Most of my orders from them and Crowd Cow have been just fine but it is always good to know they take care of their customers when there is an issue.

And my first order from Crowd Cow had some short ribs. Very, very good.

Comment

I had one from SRF arrive partially thawed, I called and they said it would nevertheless keep in the refrigerator for up to 30 days. No big deal, I was going to make it the next week anyhow. But yeah, sometimes. Sometimes.

Comment

They've taken care of my problems with replacements and been fair about it--no extra charges, no trying to see if I was trying to cheat them. Still, four DAYS to ship frozen stuff! Luckily, neither of the two failures were important in terms of needing them for a party, but I'd be really leery about counting on them for an important event. I think they need to bite the bullet and charge for faster shipping.

Comment

I ordered about two weeks ago. I ordered a decent amount and it came with the styrofoam cooler and 15lbs of dry ice. Everything was frozen still except for a small portion of the brisket. It was still cold, and somewhat frozen but you could tell this thin area was thaw.

I had had put some things in the cart and then left without purchasing. I received an email asking why I didn’t purchase and I explained my concerns based on what I’ve read here in the past. The owner (at least that is who the email was signed from) assured me it would be ok and if not they would take care of everything. I didn’t care for the 4day shipping as well, perhaps an additional option for,shipping if we pay the higher charge?

but my first experience was good, so now I just need to eat some of it to see how it is.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here