Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wagyu Beef Retailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wagyu Beef Retailer

Other than SRF, which I love, is there any other online retail sites somebody recommends to buy 100% wagyu. I would like to try some that is not a crossbreed.

Thanks

Beef not Bee, sorry

Comment

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      They massage the bees.

I looked at the title of this thread and was thinking, "wow am I missing something? Is this something Meathead was looking for as a 'trend'?"

Jokes aside:
    I have no actual input, but I'd like to see what others say!

Comment

I'm sure if there were wagyu bees they would make the best honey.

Comment

Lobel's out of NYC
        Crowd Cow
        Morgan Ranch
        My Chicago Steak

even Amazon and Costco have resources

Be prepare to shell out the $$$$$

Comment

Here is a link to get to the Costco real Japanese wagyu, if that's your preference.

Japanese Beef

Comment

Crowd Cow now has a Wagyu ranch in Texas with full blood Japanese cows on their site besides their occasional Japanese sale. Go to https://www.crowdcow.com/l/u9a6365b8 and click on the Wagyu tab for strictly Wagyu sales.

I bought some from the Texas ranch and it looks good. They just finished up one from Japan too.
            Last edited by Donw; February 7, 2018, 04:04 PM. Reason: dammed auto correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
              Here is a link to get to the Costco real Japanese wagyu, if that's your preference.

Japanese Beef
              $109.09 a lb. That's cheaper than the black grade Wagyu rib eye cap from SRF. I still have my SRf rib eye cap in the freezer waiting for the right occasion to cook it.

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
                Frozen Smoke commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh it is Troutman! I got it in the recent pick six get 50% off deal. I'm afraid it could become a addiction, one I can't afford!

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                I had that problem with Copper River Salmon. Every spring when they have their run I have my wife hide my credit cards, stuff is awesome. Wagyu is in the same category...

• barelfly
                barelfly commented
                Editing a comment
                Troutman I never cared for salmon.......until I was introduced to Copper River Salmon when I was in a Washington State 14 years ago and my BIL’s in laws grilled some. WOW is all I can say. And yes, I’ve looked into purchasing but never have due to $$$$$ hahaha

Allen Brothers
              Creekstone Farms

Comment

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh I forgot about Allen Brothers ... two thumbs up on those guys !!

Lone Mountain

Taste the rich flavors of Japanese wagyu. At Lone Mountain, we have full-blood wagyu beef for sale, and you can get it delivered to your door. Shop online now.

Outrageously expensive but worth it for a splurge.

Comment

Thanks for all the input. Anyone ever use Mason Hill?

Comment

I have received meat from Crowd Cow. 100% Wagyu. It was phenomenal. As others have mentioned, I would give them a shot.

Comment

• lonnie mac
                    lonnie mac commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I been thinking about this!

I just wanted to add that beef in our area, at least the Prime cuts, are pretty darn good. I know, it's not Kobe or Wagyu which you only buy on "special" occasions, but Prime here is running at or BELOW $10/lb right now. The most expensive tomahawk rib eyes can be gotten for $15/lb. It's really hard for me to justify having $100/lb meat flown to my house when I can go down the street and get a killer steak any day of the week. BUT hey don't start hating on me, I realize it's that "special" occasion.

Comment

• lonnie mac
                    lonnie mac commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I would agree brother! My dang HEB down here near Bacliff has FANTASTIC meat. My butcher is cool, and can get anything I want.

Don't know where you live, but our local Sams just started carrying it couple weeks ago, they had rib eye's and strip's for about $35 per lb, I never had it, but looking at it, seems like a lot of money to pay for FAT.
                  They had a ribeye marked down to $24.00 about 1 inch thick, Still could not get it to go in my cart.
                  Last edited by randy56; February 8, 2018, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Troutman
                    Troutman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Texas baby .... deep in the heart. Got lots cattle down here. It's the home of steers and....well more steers !!

• lonnie mac
                    lonnie mac commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Got em Moooin out behind my house as we speak!

I still got my SRF stuff in the freezer. I can go buy some nice meat cuts at a butcher shop locally too but it's not Wagyu and I just wanted to try for myself and see what the fuss is all about.
                  To me it's kind of like fresh walleye. I can catch it out of the local lakes and it's damn good. But if I want halibut I have to pay $30 a lb. which I do several times a year. Now if Wagyu turns out to be my halibut of beef I will be splurging on that when I have the urge.

As far as Sam's club goes I'm never that impressed with what I see at our local one. I would never spend Waygu prices at Sam's I would buy from a SRF or Creek Stone first.
                  Thanks for the recommendation on Crowd Cow Spinaker I have been curious about them as well.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here