Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to get from Omaha steaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to get from Omaha steaks

I got a $100 gift card to Omaha steaks from one of my employees. I looked at their website and it is pretty confusing, intentionally I sure. Lots of "filler" items in the packs, and a lot of the individual items are over priced. I sear no mention of grading of the meat. Anyway, y'all tell me what to spend my c-note on.

This is ONLY a personal opinion but I would go with their pantry and cellar items. My experience with their meat items through the years has been kind of pot luck

Comment

Agree with the Cheef, never thought much of their meat.

Comment

I agree with Cheef and gabulldog ; I live in Omaha and "pot luck" pretty much describes it. Their jerky is good but overpriced. Hamburger patties are to be avoided. Sorry but that's just my view from the saddle.

Comment

We've tried them a few times, but most of their steaks are way too thin. The thicker ones are, of course, more expensive. We did like their boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Not great for the grill, but they do taste like chicken.

Comment

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey that’s great, cuz we don’t have to ask if it tastes like chicken.

No experience there but cleaned out gradmpas freezer and fridge when he passed and I was not impressed.

sell it for 60 and buy a prime packer??? Ala Jerod Broussard.

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            Jerod Broussard I would never do that. I was just funning. That packer was the first thing I thought of though.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            +1 on th' proper usage of 'spunt'

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I threw in a wink and used "spunt" just so you'd know. hehehe But at least your mind is in the right frame. HouseHomey

what pantry items are y'all referring to? Actually selling it IS an option. He doesn't know squat about BBQ of beef.

Comment

Seems Omaha Steaks is in the commercial beef business, as in Commercial grade that comes below Standard grade.
            Last edited by Jerod Broussard; December 23, 2017, 12:27 PM. Reason: Forgot steaks

Comment

• Sgt Tyree
              Sgt Tyree commented
              Editing a comment
              Jerod Broussard : Omaha Steaks might be commercial grade but top end outlets for meat and steakhouses are plentiful here. Omaha Steaks is not a good example of Nebraska beef.

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              True Dat, Sarge! Sgt Tyree

• Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              Sgt Tyree I forgot the Steaks

It is settled then..... Let there be brisket!! 🤔🤔😀

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here