Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best mail order boudin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best mail order boudin?

Troutman 's latest post has me searching for some good boudin. I found cajungrocer.com and was wondering if anyone had tried them out or had a better recommendation?

Bring a cooler to the Cajun meet up!

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      A HUGE +1

I grew up on food from here. I got some shrimp and stuff pork chops awhile back.

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome, thanks!

Sorry hoovarmin, just now seeing this. We have boudin coming out of our ears here and this part of the country so for me it's simply take your choice. I buy it from a local grocer who makes it in house and sells it in bulk. Anyway, some of the brands I personally like that they sell on line or in the store are Savoie's, Poche's, Zummo's and DJ's. It's like any other sausage, they basically are all the same; pork, some sort of organ meat like liver, seasonings and rice. It's the preparation and seasonings that set them apart.

At any rate, just Googling in I found several Louisiana purveyors, hopefully you can grab some and make that roulade recipe, it's really quite delicious. Good Luck !!

Discover the best Cajun boudin available online. Explore our premium selection of Louisiana's finest pork and rice sausages. Fast shipping directly to your door.

Comment

I’ve had products from a couple of the brands Troutman mentions. Savoie’s and DJ’s. If you can find it in your local stores, I like DJ’s Boudin myself. I’ve had some Tasso from Savoie’s and it was really good! I’ve not had their boudin, but I’d guess it’s pretty good also. I’ve not used any online stores so I’m no help there.

Comment

I need to make my own I guess. Shipping to Ca is a no go.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Long grain rice, not medium grain.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here