Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Certified Piedmontese Beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certified Piedmontese Beef

Has anyone had certified Piedmontese beef? I've been seeing a lot of mentions and advertisements for it in the past year or so and am intrigued. This is the retailer that is getting a lot of mentions https://www.piedmontese.com/
    They have a grass fed and grass finished as well as a grass fed and grain finished option.

They are right down the road from us! Amazing beef. I’ve cooked several ribeyes and one brisket all top quality. Wanted my new years rib roast from them but ordered much too late.
    They have a restaurant that is a very special occasion fav of ours. I say very special because for the both of us to do the tasting menu with wine pairings it’s right at 500 bucks and worth every dime!
    last year they had a kiosk at our facility over Christmas and sold lots of meat, including jerky and beef sticks. Pretty sure I lived on them the month of December!
    Last edited by CHNeal; January 26, 2023, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• acorgihouse
      acorgihouse commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you have a preference, their grass fed, grass finished, or grain fed?

• CHNeal
      CHNeal commented
      Editing a comment
      acorgihouse I’ll be honest I’ve not paid any attention to what I have purchased. Didn’t even know there were options.

• Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your input! I would like to know quality and taste difference between grass fed and finished and grass fed/grain finished too. I lean towards grain finished for the marbling.

Have had a half-dozen Piedmontese ribeyes from https://www.fossilfarms.com and they are excellent. Less marbling than a USDA prime or American wagyu, but still tender, juicy, flavorful. For some reason Fossil Farms has the best chicken I can find so when it’s time to stock up on that I add a couple of those ribeyes in.

Comment

• Bob K
      Bob K commented
      Editing a comment
      Darchie03 yeah, definitely not a Tuesday night dinner, special occasion stuff. Wife and I usually split one which works out to about the same as going out.

• Darchie03
      Darchie03 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bob K My wife passed away 12 years ago so it's only me & as A dysfunctional veteran I live on SS & a small amount from the military I will have to be content with Wild Fork, They are as cheep as the local small stores. Closest supper market is 25 miles away & their not realty any cheaper,

• Bob K
      Bob K commented
      Editing a comment
      Darchie03 my condolences on your wife’s passing and thank you for your service.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here