Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agridime, Beef Navel and Boneless Chuck Ribs - Unboxing, First Look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agridime, Beef Navel and Boneless Chuck Ribs - Unboxing, First Look

Back in February, I posted that something I've wanted to try (beef navel) was offered by a company called Agridime.

Farm to Table USA Meat Delivery

I've wanted to try pastrami from the traditional beef navel, but never could find it offered at a reasonable price. Agridime offered grain finished prime navel for $7.49 a pound. In addition, they have a product that they call "Chuck Flap Tail" that looked like boneless chuck short ribs that is my normal go to cut for pastrami. Long story, short, I ordered 9 pounds of prime navel and 12 pounds of prime chuck flap tail (also grain finished) back in February. The flap tail was $10.99 for prime and I have been paying $12-14 for boneless chuck ribs for choice locally. The total was just short of $200, and over the 20 pound requirement for free shipping. I'm finally getting around to posting the result.

The 21 pounds of meat arrived in a box total weight of 35 pounds.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	box.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1225139
    The meat was frozen hard as a rock and significant dry ice remained.

Name:	frozen.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1225140
    The "chuck flap tail" is in fact the same cut that is commonly called "boneless chuck ribs" they look nice and well marbled.

Name:	ribs.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1225141
    The navel looks like what one might expect . . . sort of like pork belly, but beef.

Name:	navel.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	1225142

So far, Agridime gets an A rating for price, shipping, and (hopefully) quality of product.

Some of each are currently cured, pastrami rubbed and drying in the fridge for smoking later this week. Will try to be a little more prompt in posting the results.

Oooh, I love the idea of making beef bacon!

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      johnec00 I suspect it's because of that and/or some other industry that navel isn't widely available, but I'm not 100% sure

• DogFaced PonySoldier
      DogFaced PonySoldier commented
      Editing a comment
      Asked my butcher and they said they can't get it.

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Pastrami sounds ever better. I have to look around now.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here