Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Click Akaushi quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click Akaushi quality

Looking ahead to fathers day and looking at tri tip roosts.
    I normally get Snake River Farms black wagyu tri tips approx. 2 1/2 lbs. and $79 each. Love them and have had great results every time. I looked at the Click Akaushi website and they have them at 3 approx. 3 lbs. on sale for $21.69 (30% off).
    My question is are they any good? I have read a few posts that people like the service they received and the product also. .I know at one time they gave us a discount is that still available?
    TIA

I have not done a tri tip from them or anyone else. But I've done three cooks with Click beef and it has been fantastic. Most recently, we had a rack of their beef chuck ribs, and it was the best beef either of us had ever put in our mouth, full stop. FWIW

Comment

I’ve never had SRF tri tip. However, the Akaushi stuff I’ve had from Click and The Upper Cut have been some of the best beef I’ve had, and I’ve had tri tips from both. The tri tips from Click are labeled USDA choice though which I thought was odd for Wagyu, but the one we’ve had was excellent (as a trisket).

I feel like the Akaushi stuff I’ve had so far has been just as good as anything I’ve had from SRF. I have zero complaints about SRF either, but it can be pretty pricy.

Coupon should be in the member’s deal section.
      Last edited by glitchy; May 16, 2022, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        As a trisket? Do you mean cooking low and slow to 200F like the other discussion today?

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        jfmorris Yes, Tri tip cooked and sliced like brisket = trisket. I didn’t coin the term, but can’t remember where I heard it.

We've had strip steaks, chuck steaks, and flank steaks from Click and they have all been excellent. Unfortunately, we haven't had their tri-tip because they always seem to be sold-out! But if the quality of their other cuts is any indication, they will probably be great.

In case you're interested, we have had the prime tri-tips from Creekstone Farms and they are outstanding. Some of the best marbling we have ever seen.

Comment

Haven't had the trip tip, but everything I've had has been excellent, and their prices are great, especially on sale.

My only issue is my last order shipped during that heat wave we had in February and arrived with the smaller pieces partially thawed. Nothing was above temp to raise safety concerns, and their packaging for individual cuts is really good, so nothing seems to have suffered going straight back into the freezer. It's still something to be aware of, and I've seem where others have called and coordinated shipping with them. I think that's going to be an issue going into summer for all the online meat retailers, though.

Comment

You're trying to get me to cook mine, aren't you? Maybe this weekend...

Comment

rickgregory I’m counting on it now!

Comment

I've gotten the tri tip from Click and thought they were excellent.
              You can find the Click discount code here

Comment

• ofelles
                ofelles commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks good to know!

BTW, the click tri tips are good enough to me, that you mentioning the sale convinced me to order 5 more 🤪 Not only are they good, they’re leaner than a lot of other beef while working on dropping some excess reserves.

Comment

Wow long time.

I have never even heard of this place! Right here in TX. So I ordered a brisket, and a big chuck roast. Gonna be here tomorrow!

Comment

• 58limited
                  58limited commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Their flat iron steaks are one of my favorites, right up there with ribeyes. Did you see the links to the discount code?

I have been pleased with the quality for sure. I think the steak cuts tend to the best bargain.
                Last edited by STEbbq; May 17, 2022, 09:08 PM.

Comment

I’m going to order something. I just smoked a choice chuck roast for pulled beef and it was terrible. Threw half of it out as it was dried out and flavorless. My wife said her jaw was tired from chewing it. I couldn’t argue. I think I’m going to get one of their chuck roasts and try that next, and make some other changes in the smoking process.
                  Last edited by radiodome21; May 18, 2022, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Just ordered some Chuck roasts and tri tip. Looking forward to trying it.

Comment

To be honest, for me it’s been just OK. Nothing wrong with it mind you. Just OK. At 30% off plus the additional 10% AR discount, it’s a good buy. But at the full prices as shown on the website, no way.

Comment

Have been on a Tri Tip binge this year after getting the wife hooked. First place would be Mishima Ranch that I got through Crowd Cow. That's strictly on flavor, because HOLY COW were those expensive. like $50+ per.

Second place would be Click. If price were a factor, number one with a bullet. With the sale, like $23 per, and I apparently got lucky with sizes.

Third place would be a grain finished from CrowdCow that was also in the $25/ range, maybe with a discount or something. Great flavor from a good ranch.

Last place would be the one I picked up at Costco. Best cost profile, but after all the craft beef, just did not produce the same result.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here