Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was all set to be upset with Click but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was all set to be upset with Click but...

So, Click shipped my order Monday. Not processed it, actually shipped it, with an arrival date of today. I was concerned about meat sitting in a box for 3.5 to 4 days in the care of UPS. Even assuming it got packed and left them Monday late... I was nervous about the temp it would be at when it arrived.

No need. It arrived a few minutes ago in an insulated box with a big cold pack... Stuck the Thermopop between the ribs and the tri-tip to see what the temp was... 31F. Frozen solid. I can only imagine they deep freeze their stuff so it left their place really really cold. Weights were all on the high side of their estimates.

I'd still be nervous with longer ship times in the summer, but now while it's still cool mostly, this worked out fine.

I had the same experience, was sure it'd be slightly thawed by the time it was delivered. It was so cold it hurt my hands putting it in the freezer.

Comment

I seem to remember they create the shipping label sometimes a day or two ahead of actually shipping.

Comment

• rickgregory
        rickgregory commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh they created the label on the 15th. UPS actually had it on the 18th. But I think they shipped it later in the day on th e 18th and it was delivered around 930am so if that was the case, it was only in transit 3+ days.

This is good news. My first ever order with them shipped Thursday morning aacording to the tracking info. It shows delivery on Sunday. Does UPS deliver on Sundays? Anyway, we’ll see I guess……..

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I've had some deliveries come on Sunday before, blew my mind. I thought the "out for delivery" email I received was an error, nope.

I'm actually considering ordering more stuff before it warms up. I mean, it was still frozen and there's a few degrees of overhead above 32F (low 40s wouldnt worry me) but it's cool along the route and I'm way the heck away from them.

In the summer, with temps in the 80s-100F and trucks likely hot, I'd never ship Ground. But I'm also far enough away that ground is the only way it makes sense. Even this order was $74 of meat and $33 in shipping. 2 day Air would drive the cost up too much given that I can get good stuff here.

Maybe I need a bigger freezer.
      Last edited by rickgregory; April 22, 2022, 12:46 PM.

Comment

One reason why I cut way down on ordering, especially as you mentioned the summer months. Glad things worked out for you regardless.

Comment

• rickgregory
          rickgregory commented
          Editing a comment
          What made me pull the trigger on this is that even with shipping, the 30% off made the price/lb roughly the same as the market price here, so it gave me a chance to try akaushi beef for about the cost of choice.
          Last edited by rickgregory; April 22, 2022, 01:17 PM.

I got my Click order today.

Meat was just on the verge of thaw, but all below 40* but one of the packs sprung a leak, and I had some juice at the bottom.

But the weights on everything were higher than advertised, and I have a freezer full of beef, and rain outside.

Comment

Received our most recent Click order yesterday. Word is that it was shipped Monday. Fortunately, everything was still frozen and in good order.

Comment

Ditto…. Mine arrived today and was solid frozen.

Comment

They made my label 5 days ago and haven’t shipped yet. We shall see.

Comment

Well, we had an 87 degree day here and UPS had my shipment on their truck from 6am to 6:30pm before delivering…

Dry ice was all gone and just one ice pack at the bottom. The ribs and tri tip on top of the box were 46 and 50 degrees respectively. The other 4 pieces of meat were all below 40, so I dropped those in the deep freeze, and segregated the other two pieces into another freezer until I have time to reach out to them about it.

Kinda disappointed to be honest, and the tri tips are barely 2 pounds - not the 3 they claim on their website, and the chuck ribs are much thinner than shown as well. Overall the chucks, ribs and tri tips are all smaller than expected based on their website.

Comment

• rickgregory
                  rickgregory commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Question jfmorris - how accurate is IR on non-evenly colored surfaces like meat and at the lower temps? I grabbed a thermopop and put the tip between two pieces of meat which is fine for general temp gauging

• jfmorris
                  jfmorris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  rickgregory Good question on the IR. It actually is pretty good for spot checks on food temperatures - for the surface of the meat. I was also going by the feel of the meat. That 1.9 pound tri tip on the top of the shipment was barely cool to the touch, and things got cooler as you went to the bottom of the box. The single small ice pack, while still partially frozen, wasn't enough to handle things once the dry ice was gone.
                  Last edited by jfmorris; April 23, 2022, 08:19 PM.

• jfmorris
                  jfmorris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Here's a good article on IR's with food:

Did anyone else who received a thawed shipment like mine notice an unusual amount of liquid in the cryovac? The tri-tips and the chuck roasts seem to have a lot of blood in the bag. I would call it myoglobin, but this is dark red. It's enough to where I imagine it accounts for several ounces of the 1.9 pound and 2.0 pound tri-tip's.

Comment

Where do i start. Ordered 2 briskets and ground burger meat on the 15th, they created the shipping label on the18th, today is Saturday 23rd so figured i better track my order, UPS has not received the package 5 days later. The estimated delivery date was suppose to have been on Thursday the 21st of April. Guess its time to contact Robt at Click to figure out what's happened this time!

Comment

• jfmorris
                    jfmorris commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think it probably has not shipped, and is still sitting in a walk in freezer at Click. Hopefully! I think they got overwhelmed with orders with their sale. Let us know what he says...

• Smoked Transistors
                    Smoked Transistors commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My Order from Click showed up today still frozen. It was supposed to have been delivered by UPS, but came by FedEx instead. Guess that explains why i had no tracking update information from UPS..

Smoked Transistors and others... you all know about UPS My Choice, riight? Just signup for a free UPS account and you can see much more detail about your shipments as long as you have the tracking number.

This is the view of my shipment when not logged into My Choice:
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 8.26.32 AM.png Views:	3 Size:	25.0 KB ID:	1211257

ANd here's the view when I'm logged in:
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 8.27.13 AM.png Views:	3 Size:	53.3 KB ID:	1211258
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 8.27.22 AM.png Views:	3 Size:	69.3 KB ID:	1211259
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 8.27.27 AM.png Views:	3 Size:	27.2 KB ID:	1211260
                  Last edited by rickgregory; April 23, 2022, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Smoked Transistors
                    Smoked Transistors commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks @rickgregory.Yes, i'm signed up UPS - My Choice, but my product ended up shipping via FedEX, It was weird cause i did get the alert that an UPS shipping label was created with a tracking number, showing shipping method was UPS Ground. It's all good now, the briskets look fantastic.

I received my order today. 2 days in transit and frozen solid.

On a negative note, I am extremely disappointed in the rack of beef short ribs. Very small and looks more like a four bone rack of beef back ribs in terms of the amount of meat on them. At just 2.84 lbs for the rack, even at 40% off (30% sale plus 10% AR discount) they are hugely overpriced.
                  All other cuts were on point weight wise. Nothing looks exceptionally marbled as far as I can see in the packages. We’ll see I guess. But as for now I would never pay full price for any of it. 🤷‍♂️

Comment

• Bkhuna
                    Bkhuna commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That was my experience. Thin rack with little meat. Not worth trying to make ribs so I just cut the meat off the bone and braised them in a red wine sauce.

• Jfrosty27
                    Jfrosty27 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bkhuna Good idea. Curious, did you contact Click about it and ask for consideration? I did. No response yet but it was just about an hour ago so we’ll see.

• Bkhuna
                    Bkhuna commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Jfrosty27 - I emailed them but never heard back. I didn't pursue it because I figure they must have all they business their hearts desire and don't need mine.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here