Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The butcher shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The butcher shop

Locally sourced beef, pork, chicken, seafood and local farm fresh produce. This shop makes everything from jerky, smoked salmon, smoked ham hocks, smoked cheese and even all natural dog food.
    The staff is very knowledgable and inclusive. They have a willingness to teach you cuts, grades, recipes and cooking methods. They even have large moniters showing ways to cut and prepare your favorite grilling and smoking meats. I have learned alot from these guys, and will continue to learn every time i walk through the door. Its full retail, but worth every penny. Full custom butchery, full proccesing (game too), weekly specials, discounted meat pack sales (think freezer full). During nice weather, they have weekend bbqs and sampling. Great shop.
    P.S - they make their own corned beef that is to die for. No pink slime, simple ingredients with a great cut of beef. Can check them out at butchershopinc.com

I'm a big fan of Montgomery's Meats in Central Point, OR and, closer to me, Weed, CA. Eric and Shawna are great small business owners and do many of the things you mention. I'll take a ride out to EP and check these guys out on my next Medford trip, thanks for sharing.

Comment

• FlipperPhilsy
      FlipperPhilsy commented
      Editing a comment
      Montgomery is also good. I just feel like one of the gang when i walk into the butcher shop.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking forward to checking them out.

Oh that place is fairly close to me! I'll have to go check them out soon, especially if they have a lot of specialty meats.

I live sorta close to White's Country Meat's but they don't have much more selection then what I can get at Costco (which is usually prime grade and the same price).

Comment

• FlipperPhilsy
      FlipperPhilsy commented
      Editing a comment
      The real selection is what they have that you dont see. Just ask, they might surprise you when you ask for something and they go cut it for you on the spot.
      Last edited by FlipperPhilsy; February 4, 2020, 04:48 PM. Reason: Fat fingers me

• Loren
      Loren commented
      Editing a comment
      Sad moment...my phone pulled up Eagle Creek instead of Eagle Point 🤦

My wife was kind enough to point that discrepancy out 🤣

Eagle creek,,,,took me awhile when i moved here to figure that one out. Thats a different kind of smoking if you get the point,,,,,

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here