Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your experience with Wild Fork Brisket, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your experience with Wild Fork Brisket, please.

For the last several years I have been very happy with my beef source which is a ranch in Texas. Great prices, service, and quality beef. However, the last 3 briskets I have bought from them have been disappointing. High prices, very fatty, and odd shapes have been my biggest concerns.

I know Wild Fork has a good rep but after reading the reviews on their briskets, I am hesitant to order from them. Too many reviews give them '1' because of really small briskets, thawed meat on delivery, and poor customer service when called re problems.

How has your experience with them REGARDING briskets? Your comments will be appreciated!

Well, how close is the nearest Wild Fork store to you? That would probably help a lot as the food is usually delivered next day via Roadie for me.

Comment

They sent me an 18 pounder very evenly shaped and thick flat. It was rock solid when it got to me. All I have left to do is cook it and I can tell you the rest

Comment

I have two 15 pound prime briskets from Wild Fork sitting in my freezer right now. I find them to be better trimmed than Costco’s. They Wild Fork briskets I’ve had in the past (all prime) have been good enough that I keep ordering them.

My Wild Fork deliveries come from Tampa, about an hour away. Nothing I have ordered has ever arrived thawed. Also, unlike other purveyors, I get to choose the date I want my delivery with Wild Fork, including next day.

I’ve never had occasion to contact their customer service department so I can’t comment on it.

Comment

• Clark
          Clark commented
          Editing a comment
          @Draznni Thanks for sharing your experience.

I have only ordered one brisket from WF. It was gigantic. Around 19 pound’s untrimmed if I recall. And as noted above, it was already trimmed some. It was terrific.

I order from WF monthly more or less. Never had anything remotely even partially thawed. Always like a rock. And the two times I’ve needed customer service, they were flawless. Just one man’s experience. 🤷‍♂️

Comment

I have made only two briskets, both from WF, both USDA Prime, and both absolutely fantastic. Got a third one in the chestie that I'm planning to cook for next weekend's Pit Forum Brisket Que weekend. I've never received anything thawed from them, and their deliveries have always been right on time (have bought a lot of other meat from them too). I would not hesitate to order from them again.

Comment

Size is often a problem with WF because you don't get to pick what goes into your shipment. The "typical" they post on the order page is a guide, not an absolute......the complainers apparently don't read well. As for the arrival thawed I doubt you'd have a problem there unless UPS is staffed with a bunch of slackers in your area. My orders come out of Dallas, and given you're less than a 100 miles further from them than me I would imagine you'd have the same experience I do. If I were to order early enough today I could get it tomorrow by noon, frozen hard as a rock. They seem to fill orders very quickly, and for all that UPS seems to try mightily to destroy packages, they do move them down the road efficiently.

Comment

• Clark
              Clark commented
              Editing a comment
              Uncle Bob Thanks for your helpful response! I'll give them a try.

I”ve done two of their prime briskets and both were great. They were nicely trimmed and arrived frozen solid as a rock.

Comment

• Clark
              Clark commented
              Editing a comment
              Sid P Thanks for your response.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here