Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costco Comes Through Again--Beef Chuck Short Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costco Comes Through Again--Beef Chuck Short Ribs

Tucson Costco on Grant had Prime chuck short ribs for $4.79/lb. Two four bone packages sold together. Saturday, I see smoked beef ribs with the other four bones reserved for a nice braise. How ever did we live without Costco????
    Last edited by Willy; March 7, 2019, 09:20 PM.

Congrats. I have never seen short ribs at Costcos in my area.

Comment

Buy them all and maybe they will carry them nationwide. I’d be all set.

Comment

My Costco in Huntington Beach sells boneless prime short ribs. Smoked them this week brisket-style. Came out great!

Comment

Ugh. I literally have never seen beef bone in ribs anywhere I frequent in NJ. My Costco needs to step it up

Comment

• johnec00
            johnec00 commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't know how close you are to Newark, but the Seabra supermarket here in Orlando always has them. A couple of weeks ago, I got a 4 pack for $4.49/lb. And they even let you shop there without paying Costco's $60 cover charge!

My Costco has them occasionally but never priced that low. What a deal so long as they are meaty.

Comment

Our Costco here has them almost all the time. My problem with them is they come cryovaced in an opaque wrapper so you can't see what's inside. They generally are very good for about 3/4 ers of the plate but the other quarter is all fat. Bottom line is you sacrifice an entire rib section per plate. It's happened to me about 2 or 3 times before I complained. They now unbag them and cut them up (which isn't what I want) so I quite buying them there.

Fortunately I have 2-3 other sources for great beef ribs here in Houston, one of which is the Whole Foods in my neighborhood. If you are close to a Whole Foods check them out, you have to talk the meat cutter into selling you plates (they want to sell them as little 4" pieces for braising), but they will do it !!!

Comment

• grantgallagher
              grantgallagher commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting. I dont think ive seen them at my whole foods either. Will def talk to them next time im there.

Thanks for the heads up Troutman

Wait . . . . Whole Paycheck sells meat ?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here