Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best meat in North Eastern Mass - Blood Farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best meat in North Eastern Mass - Blood Farm

Blood Farm in West Groton is 1 of 2 Federally approved slaughter houses in the state. The USDA has an office on-site. Though the retail operation burned down between Christmas and New Years last year, they have rebuilt and are now open.

It is a 5th generation family operation that is actually at their farm. They feature rabbit, goat, 4-H lamb, pork, and beef. They also smoke their own bacon and prepare their own sausage. We have had to make do with store brand bacon ever since the fire but that will soon end. Everyone in the area is standing in line for the bacon. They also sell one pound packages of bacon ends. I use these in my baked beans rather than salt pork. It jacks up the flavor profile.

They also cut to order. The retail shop has a large window that faces into the butcher shop with any number of carcasses hanging on the hooks. If you want a special order, let them know and they will go into the butcher shop and carve it for you.

I always call ahead for my Boston Butts with or without the bone in. They have the right amount of fat and are ready for seasoning. The price is very reasonable.

My wife doesn't consider Christmas complete without serving a beef roast from the Farm.

Look at the on-line reviews.

Blood Farm
    94 West Main St.
    W. Groton, Ma 01472
    (978) 448-6669

www.bloodfarm.net
    Last edited by Stew; November 13, 2014, 06:28 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here