Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wild fork delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild fork delivery

Ordered a variety of items on Sunday, received today, everything was packaged nicely and frozen a solid. First time ordering, their prices on chicken wings already sectioned are less than I can buy locally. We will see how everything tastes once cooked and I can report back if anyone is interested! Also ordered some blood sausage which I have never tried, didn’t know how it was made (sounds gross) hope it’s good 😂
    ​ ​ ​

Originally posted by marshall View Post
    Ordered a variety of items on Sunday, received today, everything was packaged nicely and frozen a solid. First time ordering, their prices on chicken wings already sectioned are less than I can buy locally. We will see how everything tastes once cooked and I can report back if anyone is interested! Also ordered some blood sausage which I have never tried, didn’t know how it was made (sounds gross) hope it’s good 😂
    Love to hear how it tastes. Pics or it never happened!

Comment

Their prime briskets are great, I have bought quite a bit from them and it was all very good

Comment

I just finished eating leftover prime brisket from WF. Reheated SV. Delish the first time, just as good the second time! I love their products. Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by leol2 View Post
          Their prime briskets are great, I have bought quite a bit from them and it was all very good
          After seeing a bunch of crappy looking prime briskets at my local Costco and GFS stores, we decided to take the plunge on Wild Fork, and smoked the first of two yesterday. I wish I’d taken more (and better!) pics, because this brisket was amazing. Like my man Ry says, "there was a juicealanche!". There was even noticeably more fat in the drip pan than on previous cooks. My wife and I give it 5/5 stars.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Sid P; August 31, 2021, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• marshall
            marshall commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks great, nice bark!

Wild Fork just opened a store nearby. We had a prime NY strip an hour ago - very good. Also have tried their choice NY strips several times, also excellent and very consistent. Had a small prime tri-tip last week, sous vide at 131º for 6 hours, chilled then grilled in the egg back up to 135º. Best I've ever had, and very reasonable at $10.98/LB. Also wing sections (drumette and flat, no tips) at $2.88/LB - half what the local supermarket gets for whole wings from huge 5 year old roosters. We also picked up a pork loin roast that's in the cure for Canadian Bacon. Obviously, I'm very happy with them to date. One caution, some of their poultry is injected with up to 15% (mostly) salt water. The store is literally a retail outlet, no butcher, no meat cutter, everything frozen, no broken packages, but excellent prices.

Haven't really taken pictures, but here's the tri tip.

Click image for larger version

Name:	raw.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	1086201
          Click image for larger version

Name:	cooked.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	1086202

Comment

I've been ordering routinely with them for nearly a year now and generally very pleased. The Berkshire pork has been very good, the beef cuts as well though I've only ordered prime or choice grade. One comment on the sausages, though I've not tried all the varieties they offer, they tend to be on the mild side for flavor. That is subjective, but my feeling is that sausage needs character to be interesting. The only product they sent that disappointed was the Keta salmon. The pictures showed a rich red coloring that you would expect from a wild caught Pacific salmon, but the product received was nearly beige in color (not from spoilage). While it tasted okay, it lacked the flavor profile expected. It resembled boring, farm raised Atlantic salmon. To their credit they gave me full price refund even though I didn't request or expect it when I expressed my disappointment.

Comment

• marshall
              marshall commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for the insight!

They are getting ready to break ground on a new store a few miles from my home. I had never heard of them until they put up the "Coming Soon" sign. I was worried that it was an Omaha Steaks clone. But it looks like it will be a nice addition to the neighborhood. Looking forward to giving them a try early next year.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here