Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Standard Market - Chicago area grill jockeys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Standard Market - Chicago area grill jockeys

This will be a crazy local, specialized post, but here goes. I spoke with Meathead more than a year ago about the Standard Market in Westmont and Naperville, here in Illinois. I found this place a couple years ago and my life, and wallet, have never been the same. They have an aged beef section, fresh EVERYTHING, beer, wine, booze, and just about anything else awesome you can think of. It was so good for a while, the most tender steaks, the best fresh meat anywhere. I even stopped buying steaks at Costco because they had them beat hands down.

Lately the ribeyes have declined in quality significantly. The marbling is much less and they seem really tough. I have grilled them on the 22" kettle, using reverse sear and recently the traditional sear first method. I bring them up to 130-135, serve them right away, and they are really hard to eat. The flavor is still top notch, but we are close to developing TMJ issues from intense chewing.

Has anyone else in the west suburbs of Chicago experienced this? Weird post I'm sure, but I'm stumped here. By the way, I season the steaks with Penzey's Chicago Steak Seasoning prior to grilling.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here