Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A New Meat Cutter AMA! Alexander's Prime Meats - SGV, SoCal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Meat Cutter AMA! Alexander's Prime Meats - SGV, SoCal

Hello fellow Pitheads!

I have posted here before about Alexander's, but I think an update in in order.

Six months ago I began working full time behind the counter at http://alexandersprimemeats.com/. We feature all Prime meats from Harris Ranch, located in here in Central California. We have all types of cuts because we buy both Primals and Sub-Primals. Since we break our own beef and Dry Aged it we routinely get the more rare cuts like Hanger Steaks, Skirt Steak, Pechana & much more. We also carry many 28+ Day Dry aged beef Loins and specialty meats like A5 Wagyu.

And that is just our Beef cases! We also carry a full range of seafood and Hand cut Organic Chicken.

So at 45 years old I am a Apprentice Meat Cutter and I am having a blast!

Attached Files

Awesome! Thanks for the tip. Will come down the hill from Altadena and say hello!

Comment

Originally posted by theroc View Post
      Awesome! Thanks for the tip. Will come down the hill from Altadena and say hello!
      For sure! Just ask for Scott!

Comment

Born and raised in SoCal, escaped years ago. Very familiar with your area, I could tell a story but don't want to hijack your thread. I could use you up here right now, I'm cutting up a hog I slaughtered over the weekend.

Comment

I've scoped it out a few times, as it's on my way home from work. Haven't bought anything there yet, but it's only a matter of time. I will ask for you when I go!

Comment

Awesome. I am very happy for you. I know that feeling.

Comment

How are things going there, Strolan?

Comment

Welcome from Chico, CA. I grew up in Merced and know Harris Beef well. It was the only beef to buy if you wanted quality meat. Up North, we don't get the choice you have in the Valley/So Cal. The process involved in being a cutter and grader is rigorous. Congrats. When I was younger and had the option, I only looked for Harris beef and its grade.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here