Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orange County Ca butcher shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange County Ca butcher shops

There are 2 butcher shops near me
    Brees' Meats in Garden Grove, Ca
    Beef Palace in Huntington Beach, Ca.

There is a 3rd, that's has much better prices. Remember USDA Prime is the same no matter where you buy it. Costco is the best deal going for high quality meat, bar none.

Comment

Breadhead. Your totally right. I forgot about Costco

Comment

I agree that it is hard to beat Costco pricing. I find the price fluctuates significantly with some cuts though. Brisket is the only one that seems stable from visit to visit. I'd love to see Costco publish a weekly flyer on meat sales.

Comment

I have been trying to find some turkey legs and can't seem to find them anywhere in OC. Bree's said he would order them and forgot at least three times. Beef palace said they don't carry them and did not offer to order them. Costco doesn't have them. I tried Trader Joes, Aldi, Von's Albertsons, Whole Foods, etc. Everywhere that I know of. I can't even find them online. I did find one source in Houston, TX but they don't ship.

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            Sprouts at Adams and brookhurst had them last week.

• LDimick
            LDimick commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks HouseHomey! I will try there

I've bought a few beef and pork items from The Butchery in Brea and Costa Mesa. It's been quite a while, though, so I honestly don't remember exactly what I bought. I do recall good quality and service, but definitely on the pricey side, which is why I haven't been back.

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah pretty high. I knew a couple people who worked there

I think there is Electric City Butcher in Downtown Santa Ana. Not sure if their still open.

Comment

• radshop
            radshop commented
            Editing a comment
            Forgot about them - cool place, but the one time I went there, parking was such a hassle it took the fun out of it. But probably my bad for going at lunch time.

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            radshop I spent my whole life trying to get out of that place. I ain’t going back.

You’ll never take me alive cop’er.

I have never been to the redeveloped area there and have no desire to ever go.

I did use the CVS on the corner of main and 1st once and my grandma lived 1/4 mile down the road

• SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            They went out of business! Twice.

Further south, there is the El Toro Meat market on El Toro near the I5-405 "Y". Pricey as well. Good for special cuts and special orders. Even further south, is Billy's Market on Del Mar in downtown San Clemente. Again, pricey, but always excellent and again, great for special orders. Otherwise, I concur - its Costco hands down.

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            Pricey seems the common theme. In our search of cheaper and abundant I fear we have driven all the "Butchers" away and now they are boutique. Funny how that works.

• radshop
            radshop commented
            Editing a comment
            HouseHomey drops a truth bomb

• LDimick
            LDimick commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a Costco Business Center about 2 miles form my home. So I usually go there. To be honest, I was surprised that they did not have any turkey legs there. I picked up a cellopack of Tri-tip last Saturday. It was $5.19 per lb. There was about 20 pounds in the pack which came out to 7 roasts. The two I smoked were among the best I have ever had.

LDimick I was at Sprouts an hour ago and they has all of the fresh turkey parts. Almost bought some legs and thighs if I wasn’t on my way to the Doctor.

Brookhurst and Adams

Comment

• LDimick
            LDimick commented
            Editing a comment
            Got them at the Sprouts on Goldenwest and Warner. Thanks!

While you guys are at it, pick me up a gallon of milk and a carton of eggs.

Comment

The Beef Palace in Huntington Beach is worth the drive even if you are in LA County! Huge Selection LARGE cuts of meat. Cash only but they do have an onsite ATM. Happy Grilling or Smokin!
            Attached Files

Comment

• Bbqmikeg
              Bbqmikeg commented
              Editing a comment
              I just realized that this is a really old text stream.
              I used to eat Thrifty ice cream next to the cows out in front of that shop when I was a kid.
              I’ve got to go pick up some steaks now that you’ve got me thinking!

Here is another one. It seems they specialize in chops.

Orange County Choppers – Orange County Choppers Official

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea nice OCC merc site, what are you supposed to do ride the tee shirt?? 🤨

Irvine Ranch market in Costa Mesa is good butcher shop. Not sure about poultry though.
            You can get free potatoes if you buy steaks from the Beef Palace!
            Greg is the best old school butcher at Ralphs on Garfield and Golden West in Huntington Beach. Tell him BBQ Mike sent you and I’m sure he’ll call me.
            Attached Files

Comment

I picked up a Tomahawk ribeye there earlier this week and yes, there was a 10 year old sitting on a cow eating an ice cream cone from the same Thrifty.

Comment

• Bbqmikeg
                Bbqmikeg commented
                Editing a comment
                Did you get a free potato?
                The rich kids got ice cream from the Baskin Robins at the end of the plaza.

The tomahawk ribeye took all my money. No ice cream nor free potato!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here