Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choice "prime rib" half off at Walmart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choice "prime rib" half off at Walmart

I've just returned from Walmart with what I think is a heck of a buy. They had their choice grade angus prime rib on sale at half off. I know choice and prime on the same label is a bit confusing. I picked through and ended up with 7 beautifully marbled ones for about $200. That's not bad! I thought some of you might want to check your local store. According to the clerk they marked them down at 10:00 am today.

That's a great deal! There's very little difference in a Choice or Prime prime rib. Same with ribeyes.

I edited this post title to better reflect the deal going on.

Comment

I was at Walmart this morning. Gonna run back down there and check it out now!

Comment

So, that 7Lbs Roast was normally $400. Yikes. I would be calculating what each bite cost while eating and couldn't enjoy it, no matter how good it tasted.

Comment

• Oak Smoke
          Oak Smoke commented
          Editing a comment
          I've got to learn to make myself clearer. That was 7 separate roasts. Somewhere north of 50 lbs of beef.

Sadly my local Walmart did not have the sale - I even asked the lady who was stocking the beef section.

Comment

How thick were the cuts?

Comment

• Oak Smoke
            Oak Smoke commented
            Editing a comment
            The smallest is about 6 inches wide, the largest is about 11 inches. Some are bone in and some are boneless. I picked them based on marbling and fat cap only.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here