Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Boys is spoiled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Boys is spoiled

Them boys got the goods Click image for larger version  Name:	AE20FB0C-5DDE-4938-B79B-935F9C5129D4.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.36 MB ID:	542998

at a HEB store today
    headed back to SoCal Sunday

Yup.

Comment

We are finally getting Prime whole briskets at that price here in N Virginia at Costco. Not all stores unfortunately.

Comment

I went into an HEB in Austin where our son lives, and they only had one packer in the case. I had expected to see what you posted Thom.

Comment

I think it depends on the location of the HEB and its local demand.

Comment

LOL. That musta been a small H-E-B!

Comment

Gotta love th "Snack Section' of that there store!

Comment

Each HEB store matches its inventory to the local demographics and demand. One of the neat things about the BEST grocery chain in the world. They don't cookie cutter their stores.

Comment

I wish we had HEB stores in DFW. We have Central Markets, which have great stuff, but SO expensive.

Comment

• gcdmd
                    gcdmd commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm not sure I've ever seen one north of Waco.

Originally posted by Buck Flicks View Post
                  I wish we had HEB stores in DFW. We have Central Markets, which have great stuff, but SO expensive.
                  I didn't realize the stores were all south of you. I also didn't realize that Central Markets were more expensive.

Can you buy prime beef in the butcher case like at regular HEB's?

To the OP: Yes we are. HEB is the best grocery chain in the country.

Comment

• ddmcwhirter
                    ddmcwhirter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Where there is HEB, there can be no Kroger. The only competitors to HEB are Walmart and Costco. HEB breeds customer loyalty, so the only people shopping food at Walmart are those that just moved here. Well, that's all sorta true.

• gcdmd
                    gcdmd commented
                    Editing a comment
                    As I mentioned in another comment, I don't think I've ever seen one north of Waco, at least along IH 35. Brookshire's seems to dominate above Waco.

• Buck Flicks
                    Buck Flicks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've recently learned that there is an HEB in Johnson CO, which is one south of FW.
                    Central Market is an upscale "gourmet" store. They have the best produce section I've seen outside of H-Mart. But yeah, they have prime beef. In fact, beef is the only reason I go to CM. I get a lot of other stuff while I'm there, but unless I need prime beef, I go to Kroger.

Which Texas city were you in, Thom?

Comment

• Thom Emery
                    Thom Emery commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Burleson
                    My In Laws and Out Laws live in Cleburne the HEB store there is kinda small
                    Always good trip

Just to be clear, Central Market is the upscale brand of HEB. They are kinda, sorta like a Whole Foods only way better imo. They typically do not have the packaged meat coolers like a regular supermarket, instead they have good old butcher counters, like a whole bunch of them for meat, fish, poultry, etc. They have knowledgeable people actually helping you with your selections and the best way to prepare the cut, if you need that. HEB has the same sort of selection and service but they combine that on a smaller scale and do have a packaged meat section for the dolts who just want select !!

Comment

• Buck Flicks
                    Buck Flicks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes - it's almost like going to an actual butcher or fish monger. If I'm not going for some kind of meat/fish, I don't go to CM.

I know! In NJ I can get other cuts way cheaper than brisket - especially when you figure out what it cost after trimming and shrinkage. It's been over a year since I made one...sad trombone

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here