Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whole Foods meat inconsistency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whole Foods meat inconsistency

I’ve noticed my pasture raised corn finished cuts from Whole Foods have been of inferior quality lately. I’m not sure if it’s because of the Amazon takeover or something else. Since amazon took over Whole Foods the price of my ribeyes have gone from around $20 to $13 a pound. I thought that may be too cheap for mostly pasture raised and was discussing with another butcher and he mentioned he used to work there. He said they don’t grade their meat. You never know whether you’re getting prime or select. I then thought about it there is no grade listing of the meats at the counter. Found that interesting.

I haven't been to Whole Paycheck for quite a while. There are too many better options out there, imho.

Comment

The market has kinda caught up to them. For instance tons of chicken is now raised without Antibiotics.

Reminds me of miniature horses and ratites.

Comment

I shop there a fair bit. I dont know that quality has gone down per se but i can see where you are coming from on the inconsistency. Its pretty common to see, lets take your ribeye example, some steaks that look ok and others that have much more obvious marbleing stacked together in the same price. You gotta really use your eye and pick your own.

its also really common to see people ask for 2 ribeyes and then request the butcher picks out the ones with the least fat so go figure their customer base and why its probably working for them.

too many people still believe all fat is bad for you.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          A bonus for the likes of us!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here