Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

East Coast Costco members lookin' for prime briskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Coast Costco members lookin' for prime briskets

It looks like more and more east coast Costcos are starting to carry prime packers. One member mentioned that an employee told him they were starting to test market them on the east coast. So let's see where they are now available. If you live on the East Coast, please respond. If your Costco doesn't have them, but you spot them in the next few weeks, please post that here.
    My Costco has had them at least a week now in Midlothian VA.

It would be nice if you included the location of your Costco.
    Prime packers are available at my local Costco
    30.00%
    Prime packers are not available at my local Costco
    70.00%

No prime packers, rarely have packers period that I see. That's West Springfield MA.

Comment

• Notavegan
      Notavegan commented
      Editing a comment
      I also did a contact us and sent Costco an inquiry/request to carry prime brisket and tri tip. No response.

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      I did the same when we did see prime whole packers in our Leesburg store around St Patty's day.

"Thank you for your communication, Costco stocks its stores with items that sell." Basically was told.

I have only seen choice flats in my two Costcos that I have visited. No packers at all. Columbia, MD. And Arundel Mills mall location, also in Maryland.

Comment

Charlotte. They've been there for about 2-3 months now. I was there yesterday and they still carry them.

Comment

Pittsburgh area, no prime brisket, no packers. Just choice flats. I check every visit and have asked.

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          Zman23 - They appeared at my Costco about a month after I emailed customer service asking if they could get them.

• Zman23
          Zman23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks RonB, I'll have to try customer service. Fingers crossed!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0665.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	228.4 KB
ID:	316193 I sure do hope we don't run out of prime packers and tri-tips out here in the West while Costco tries to service everyone in the East
        Jim
        Last edited by jgg85234; May 7, 2017, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• Willy
          Willy commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. They have crab, we have Prime brisket...although some of the sketchier Westerners might have crabs.

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          Come on west coasters! Show some love! After all you all were east coasters at one time.

• jgg85234
          jgg85234 commented
          Editing a comment
          I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago. Midwesterners go to Arizona, east coasters go to Florida.

PPs available in AZ (Tucson).

Comment

I will check the Fairfax, VA store this Friday. I emailed customer service requesting them last week and they responded in the affirmative to the suggestion. Hopefully they will follow through.

Comment

• Notavegan
            Notavegan commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe they have a 40 lb packer you can cook on the big dog.

• jgg85234
            jgg85234 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think Babe the Blue Ox isn't around any more

• Pequod
            Pequod commented
            Editing a comment
            I recently picked up 40 lbs of beef plate ribs for my Make Memorial Day Great Again! event. That's pretty close! Got them at a local international market which is also the only place I can get packers (choice grade). Hoping Costco comes through on the prime packers.

Not a member, but just checked the South Orlando store . . . No packers, just choice flats. Another poster said the East Orlando store had prime packers as a test to see if they would sell. Apparently not so much South (tourist) area. I don't know if I would be enticed to join to get a good price for prime packers, but I saw nothing this trip that is not available at a better price elsewhere in town.

Comment

Choice flats only in Brookfield CT Costco. Lotsa other prime, though.

Comment

As johnec00 said, and you guessed a few days ago RonB, I found them in the east orlando. The meat manager said they're testing the market and it may or may not be the last time.

Comment

Only choice flats in westbury, ny and Melville, ny

Comment

Like most who responded, we have only choice flats. No full packers in Northern NJ

Comment

• RonB
                    RonB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    JCBBQ - have you tried the Business Costco in your area? My local Costco said they thought business Costos carried prime briskets.

• JCBBQ
                    JCBBQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    RonB I'll look into it. I think there is one fairly close. Thanks for the tip.

Harrisonburg VA Costco does not have prime; only choice available.

Comment

As of today, my Fairfax, VA Costco does NOT have packers, prime or otherwise. Only choice flats.

I will check again in a few weeks since they responded positively to my emailed request for them.

Comment

• redshield3
                      redshield3 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Any luck at the fairfax store? I'm in 7 corners but I'm planning an expedition to Leesburg soon since HawkerXP suggested they might have some there.

• Pequod
                      Pequod commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Haven't seen them yet. Will keep checking.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here