Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Cabo Rojo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Cabo Rojo

I live in the south west side of Puerto Rico. I'm new to BBQ, and I currently have a Weber 22" grill and a WSM 18".
    I've used the Smoker on baby back ribs, chicken and brisket. The ribs at first were dry but after reading the article in AmazingRibs site and using the texas crutch as indicated, the ribs are know moist and tender.

I still have some problems with the brisket, any advice will be appreciated. I used high heat instead of low and slow.

I am currently retired and worked for petrochemicals and pharmaceuticals. I also served in the Army during Vietnam. I did not see action but was stationed at Germany when Russia invaded Czechoslovakia.

Welcome Aboard angel188

Low and Slow for the brisket should get you what you are looking for

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. Thank-you for your service. I'm new at bbq as well and it's a great journey that includes some tasty food to "suffer" through.

Comment

Welcome and thanks for your service regardless. You can do brisket at higher temp, I should say it is possible, but it takes a lot of doing it low and slow to learn. 275 shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

​Welcome to The Pit angel188! You have 2 of the most well-respected grills/smokers out there. Congrats to you, hope you're enjoying retirement in that beautiful tropical location!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here