Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you are a member you must log in now. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Southern hospitality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southern hospitality

Greetings Pitmasters!

I currently live in Savannah, GA & I'm looking to improve my grilling repertoire (usually just grill burgers, steak & the occasional kebab).

I'm an engineer and came across Meathead's book "the science of great barbeque and grilling" which I have enjoyed this far. It all makes sense! Thank you for explaining it so well!

I'm also currently looking for a new grill. The bottom literally dropped out of my 7 yr old char grill gasser last month. (Sigh. RIP little grill. You were faithful and dependable all these years). I do like the Weber Genesis II you guys recommend, but I'm not able to drop a grand on a grill right now (got a toddler at home, so a grill is not one of our financial priorities). I can maybe justify spending around $500... Any recommendations for a good gas grill in that range? (Or maybe you can point me to the part of this site that might have that info? I need to explore it some more).

I did try Meathead's recommendation and went to one of my local big box stores to see if they would sell a floor model at a discount, but they would not.

Anyway... Thanks in advance for any recommendations. I look forward to gleaning wisdom from you seasoned BBQ vets.

Cheers,
    Shem

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ. There are a lot of cookers in that price range. Need to decide what you want to go with Charcoal - Gas - Pellet Grill ect, Goog luck

Comment

I would start with the Weber gas grills that meet your budget and go from there.

Comment

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina..

Agree with zero_credit on the Weber, hard to go wrong there

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/c.../15401001.html
            Welcome to The Pit fellow Southerner! For all around grilling and smoking capabilities, if it doesn’t have to be a gasser, seriously consider this Weber model. The Performer series. With this and an SnS insert, ($100.) you’ll be set for grilling and smoking within your budget. And better tasting food than a gas grill can offer. And there’s lots of folks here with Weber kettles who can offer assistance if needed.
            Last edited by Panhead John; January 24, 2021, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Welcome from north Texas. I haven’t cooked on gas for years, but it’s hard to beat Weber products.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from Oz, you will like it here

Comment

Welcome aboard from Virginia Beach.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

out Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas! Check the amazingribs.com free site for grill ratings. The Char-Griller got good reviews for a cheap one that won’t last long without some care. I had one ten years ago, and it grilled better than my current CharBroil.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes

Spotlight

These are not paid ads, they are a curated selection of products we love.

All of the products below have been tested and are highly recommended. Click here to read more about our review process.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our “buy now” links. This has zero impact on the price you pay but helps support the site.

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It’s among the best bargains for a smoker in the world. This baby cooks circles around cheap offset smokers because temperature control is so much easier. Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them.

Bring The Heat With Broil King Signet’s Dual Tube Burners

3 burner gas grill

The Broil King Signet 320 is a modestly priced, 3-burner gas grill that packs a lot of value and power under the hood including dual-tube burners that are able to achieve high, searing temps that rival most comparatively priced gas grills. Click here to read our complete review.

Our Favorite Backyard Smoker

The amazing Karubecue is the most innovative smoker in the world. At its crux is a patented firebox that burns logs above the cooking chamber and sucks heat and extremely clean blue smoke into the thermostat-controlled oven. Click here for our review of this superb smoker.

The Cool Kettle With The Hinged Hood We Always Wanted

It’s hard to beat a Weber kettle, but Napoleon holds its own and adds some unique features to make their 22″ Pro Cart a great alternative! Click here for more about what makes this grill special.