Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello From Manvel, TX and Pensacola, FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From Manvel, TX and Pensacola, FL

Greetings!! Merry Christmas and Happy new year to you all! The change to format has convinced me to join pitmasters club. I live in the Houston, TX area and also have a place and boats in Pensacola, Fl. We split our time between the two homes and travel in the "fly over" country of the great USA yearly.

I have used the PK since I was literally 10 years old when my Dad bought one from Western Auto and used it for many, many years with custom made replacement grates and grills after PK shut down. It was finally destroyed by a falling tree in a hurricane. It was the greatest loss of the storm. PK started back up soon after and I bought him and myself a new one! After years of experimenting I have settled on the perfect combination of cookers, an original Portable Kitchen and an 18" Weber Smokey with Auber instruments smoker controllers and have this setup in each location now. I also have a 22" WSM in Manvel for those big cooks.

Briskets and pork butts by the ton and ribs by millions have come off these cookers (ok, I took a little artistic license on those counts!) I now cook my rib roasts at Christmas and Thanksgiving to perfection on the WSM thanks to Meatheads fact based directions!! Twelve pound smoked turkeys are now a treat, not a tough chore yielding nasty turkey chew meat.

Amazing Ribs has been a great resource and has proven invaluable for understanding truths and debunking myths. The pilot in me really likes the scientific approach to things.

Welcome from the NW burbs of Chicago.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from the bbq capital of New England, Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from the 3 trillion of us!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Greetings from the Golden Triangle!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Robert.

Comment

Howdy from Wilson County, Texas!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome aboard Robert from Virginia Beach. I too am a fan of the PKO.

Comment

Wow, I’m glad you helped me out, cuz I was tryin to picture a million Wibs! The visualization of you workin yer fingers to stubs just cookin to keep up & a mound of bones like a small mountain had me almost lookin up from yer post when ya yanked me to reality. Anyways, welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here