Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Tim ...new guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Tim ...new guy

I've been a fan of this website for quite a while and decided to "invest" into a deeper dive of the content.Also relishing the opportunity to interact with some really fine pit-masters and humble back yard chefs like myself. So far so happy!

Hey Tim, welcome and thanks for the support!!!

Watcha cookin' on??

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Tim View Post
      Also relishing the opportunity to interact with some really fine pit-masters and humble back yard chefs...
      Man, are you in the wrong place!!

Welcome!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Jerod! Current equipment..... and I am always looking to add / subtract / upgrade...... includes a Cookshack SM 025 for smoking and my grill is a Napoleon Prestige Pro 500. Love the versatility of the Napoleon being able to move from gas to charcoal without much fuss. I like the side sear station for steaks /chops and the rotisserie with a back burner works great. I ran a natural gas line to it so I don't have to mess with propane tanks This is my second season with the Cookshack oven and I am mostly pleased. There is a definite " traditional give up" versus a stick burner, UDS or Weber style kettle but the ease of operation and the set it forget it feature has me smoking more food / more often than with previous equipment. Not having to babysit the cook all the time has merit. I've had water smokers before as well and I mostly prefer the food from the CS better than that option. Everything is a trade off in BBQ and in life isn't it?! .... Looking to add a Kamado style grill soon as well ....your weapons of choice?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          In my signature. PBC, Weber kettles....

Welcome to The Pit!!! If your looking for a Komado, I would look into the Broil King Keg. I've had one for almost three years now and I love it. Its is the same size as the Large Green Egg. However, It is made of steel instead of ceramic. This means that you can bring it with you places. It hooks directly into your trailer hitch when you take it off the stand. Really handy for taking places. I bring mine on road trips all the time. It also won't crack if tipped over like the Eggs will. Max Good did a great review on it in the Grills and smokers section. Just a heads up if your in the market. Anyway, Welcome to The Pit. We are glad your here!!

Comment

• BBQ Tim
          BBQ Tim commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Spin ...I'll check it out

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome BBQ Tim! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Belated welcome to The Pit BBQ Tim! Happy you've joined up with us. Be sure to add your mighty fine cookers into your signature!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here