Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Upstate NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Upstate NY

I bought Meathead's book (The Science of Great Barbeque and Grilling) to learn how to improve on my grilling. Soon after, Wal-mart had the Masterbuilt Gravity Series 560 on sale for $140 (from $500). AmazingRibs.com reviewed it here:
    Masterbuilt's Gravity Series 560 Digital Charcoal Grill + Smoker is a one-of-a-kind machine. It marries the ease of thermostatic control with smoky charcoal flavor. We haven’t seen anything quite like the Gravity Series. Read our review to learn why we love it in spite of a couple significant flaws.

I told myself before that I wasn't ready to smoke meat; but at that price, I was ready. Even if this grill/smoker only lasts me a couple of years, I'll have gained the experience I need for a better quality smoker.

I'm also a beer geek and I like to say my religion is Beer and Zombies. Maybe that should change to BBQ, Beer and Zombies.

First welcome to The Pit.
    Second, a MB 560 for $140? Wow. What a deal. I never seem to run into deals like that. Get smokin’!

Comment

Beer geek pairs well with PBR.
      Welcome from NW Oregon.

Comment

• rstutzma
        rstutzma commented
        Editing a comment
        I loved it when I lived in NW Oregon (Hillsboro). I was in craft beer heaven! The Growler Guys need to start a franchise here in NY. Growlers are just now catching on.

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois! What a deal. I would have bought it too!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome aboard from Virginia Beach.

Comment

• rstutzma
              rstutzma commented
              Editing a comment
              My last duty assignment was at Ft. Eustis. I retired from the Army there. Loved the Hampton Roads area.

• tiewunon
              tiewunon commented
              Editing a comment
              rstutzma Very familiar with the Fort Eustis area. I'm retired Navy. Other than the traffic Hampton Roads is not bad. Once again glad having you aboard and thanks for your service.

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

• rstutzma
                    rstutzma commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Western Mass is nice! Loved going to the Big E every year. After VA, we lived in 'Wustah'.

Howdy from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from St. Cloud, FL.

Comment

Welcome from the NW burbs of Chicago!

Comment

Welcome from California!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here