Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All

Kind of new. Been lurking for about a month or so. Just bought a Brinkmann Trail Master offset and all of the mods I have made to it have been shamelessly stolen from this site. So thank you all for that. As a matter of fact I just seasoned it and checked for leaks a few days ago. I monitored the temps and feel confident enough to try my hand at a brisket again. Which I will be smoking this weekend.

Glad to have found this site and have already learned so much. Thanks for reading.

Welcome to the Pit

Comment

Again? Did you have poor results last time? Welcome and I look forward to some pics.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome Aboard, Monet.... let us know how the cook worked out!

Comment

Greeting's Monet.... Welcome to the Pit. We all lurked for quite a while and stole all the info we could like pirates before we joined the Pit. Now we share all of the plunder with our fellow Pit members.

Comment

Thanks for the warm reception. The brinkmann is my second offset. My first was a much cheaper set up and leaked so poorly. Unfortunately I did not have this resource so I kind of just thought that was the way it was supposed to be. A brisket was always a once an hour adding more charcoal and wood and just so much energy to mess around with. I turned out okay brisket but was completely wiped out by the time friends and family showed up that I was not much fun to be around.

Just based on what I have done to the brinkmann my test run was simply amazing at least to me. So a giant thank you for what I have learned here already.

Comment

• _John_
                _John_ commented
                Editing a comment
                Mine pretty much runs itself, I have to stand by it with the lid open so I smell like enough smoke that people believed I actually cooked it. BBQ equivalent of tossing flour on you face.

Welcome

Comment

Just a quick update. I followed the "tested recipe" for Texas brisket. Followed the advice to get a digital thermometer. Almost all of the mods were followed in getting my offset together. I loaded my charcoal basket once and turned out the very best brisket I have ever made. So now I now I am set to try out everything I can read here....Vermont Pig Candy!!!!!
                Thanks all.

Comment

Welcome Monet and congratulations on your brisket! Hope you got a photo or 2 that you can share with us over in the General Discussion board.

Comment

​Welcome to The Pit monet108! We're glad to have you here, thanks for the support. But, once an hour adding wood? That's not bad at all. I run an EOS and depending on the wood I'm using (ash vs oak for instance) and the weather, every 30-60 mins it needs a log added. That's the nature of a stickburner. Glad you're having success! We look forward to seeing pics of this brisket, and the pig candy too!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome.

I too started on COS, and while it was a pain keeping up with the fuel, there's something about it that most find a bit romantic. It appeals to the caveman in us. My COS has been relegated to corn roaster because of the cooking space, and there it will remain. However, once the newness of my fridge conversion wears off I can see myself with a nicer one. There's just something about adding wood to a fire...

Add 'Tim Allen grunt' here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here