Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long time lurker, first time poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long time lurker, first time poster

Hi all, Eric from NJ. I finally decided to go ahead and try out the Pitmaster Club after being a fan of AmazingRibs.com for a long time. Really enjoying paging through all the posts.

Been using my trusty Weber Kettle Performer for the last six or seven years, Slow-n-Sear insert for most of that time. I really enjoy the challenge of a long low and slow with charcoal and wood chunks and the wife respects my "If I'm playing with fire then I can have a beer no matter what time it is" rule. I also have a Napoleon gas grill that honestly, I overpaid for given how little I use it. I do like the rotisserie feature though. Made a turkey last Thanksgiving that way and it was easy and came out great. Not as good as the one I smoked on the Weber the year before, but much less "work." Either way, no one was complaining and Meathead's turkey gravy recipe is always a hit.

Anyway, next up is probably a pellet grill. I'll post my thoughts on that elsewhere, I'm all over the map and change my mind from week to week. Looking forward to interacting with everyone on the forums.

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Florida!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome from Massachusetts!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Eric.

Comment

From one newby to another - welcome to The Pit from North Carolina

Comment

Hi Eric from NY,
                        Bruce from Milwaukie (Portland) OR

Comment

Welcome! I really like your avatar. That little cutie is not too happy at that moment, obviously.

Kathryn

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Alabama! Glad to have you onboard!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here