Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from South Mississippi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from South Mississippi

I joined the club last week after about a year of reading this site. I am Derek Hall. I am a lawyer. (Don't hold that against me. Everybody has got to do something. I wasn't anygood in shop class, my family has always been afraid I'd blow up the house if I tried to fix something, I didn't like the thought of cutting on people or blood....hence being a doctor was out....math was hard, so no accountant....the only thing left was being a lawyer.) I have been cooking in one way or another since I was about 7 years old. My current equipment is a 36 inch Wolf gas grill and large Big Green Egg in an outdoor kitchen. I am prone to like French food, cajun food, Italian food, Mexican food, Japanese food, Thai food, Chinese food, Ethiopian food, raw food, cooked food, barbeque, sea food, etc. (Did I leave anything out?) Anyway, there are some great tips on here and I love the site. A friend of mine gave me the technique for brisket that he stole on here a couple of years ago. Anyway, i hope I don't bore you guys. Glad to be here. I recently ordered a "Party Gator" from Gator Pits out of Texas. Can't wait for it to arrive, but they have about an 8-9 month wait. The most fun things I've ever done with a smoker is 2 suckling pigs for 4th of July last year on an offset barrel I borrowed from a friend. I'm 53 years old, have a 3 year old child and love to cook.

Wow, gonna love that Party Gator.

I been to Gloster, MS....dats about it.

Welcome and thanks for the support.

Comment

Hi Derek. Welcome. I cant wait to see pics of the new pit.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here