Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Perth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Perth

Hey guys, I'm an engineer from Perth, Australia. I'm 26 years old so have a long way to go to becoming a pit master! I like to put on bbq's for friends and family and I joined this forum to learn more about the science behind cooking and to really wow people with mad bbq'ing skills and new recipes. I did a course on barbecuing here in Perth earlier in the year and learned a few recipes (smoky rosemary lamb chops in my photo) and also learned about brining meats overnight, about glucose breakdown, and how to smoke things in the weber. I would also like to add that from a business perspective the bbq restaurant is non-existent here in Australia so I like to dream that one day I might open up my own place

Hello Krassen! Welcome to the pit! Your a pitmaster now! : )

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Krassen! When you have a moment please check out my Welcome letter and Tips post. They'll help you complete your signature. You can find them here.

Comment

BBQ down under seems like a great business opportunity. Perhaps a prolonged tour of the USA for taste testing would serve you well as a research project? If you do so, definitely include some time spent looking into the Texas brisket history and sampling some brisket in the many excellent locations throughout Texas. Meathead pays some serious homage to that tradition elsewhere on this website as well as listing some must have go to Texas style BBQ books that would serve you well to have in your library.

I wish you the best of luck in getting your BBQ restaurant dream fulfilled. If you perfect an authentic menu and enjoy a strong customer following, perhaps a franchise licensing business model would help you realize a healthy retirement plan? I may have also scanned over an article on this website written about starting a BBQ restaurant business. There is just so darned much information on this website that it is hard to keep track of.

Welcome aboard.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here