Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hybrid Virginian and Eastern North Carolinian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hybrid Virginian and Eastern North Carolinian

Grew up all over the world (Navy brat) but settled primarily in NC, then moved to Eastern VA, where I've lived for the last 20+ years. I love both areas, but prefer Eastern NC-style chopped pork BBQ with vinegar sauce mopped on while slow-cooking, and added after it has cooked. I'm the happy new owner of an X-Lg Big Green Egg and have found that it does a really, REALLY, nice job cooking pig parts. I have, in fact, two Boston Butts on as I write this, sauce in the 'fridge, and slaw makings ready to go in the morning.

But now that I've admitted my prejudices, I will admit that I've also cooked some KC-Style ribs, and really liked those, and have beef brisket in my near-future plans. Needles to say, I'm not a vegan. - Machodoc

Welcome to the club! I'm a Caroline County native myself and as a native, I've pined for good sources of BBQ in our area (which is a bit lacking IMHO). I like a good NC style BBQ myself, though I won't discriminate against any good BBQ in general. What county are you in?

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Machodoc

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here