Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I make vegan brisket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I make vegan brisket?

Greetings,

My name is Fuzz. I reside in Portland, Oregon. I started smoking about seven years ago with a Weber kettle. I recently picked up a Yoder Loaded Wichita. I like to smoke USDA Prime whole packer briskets with post oak splits and am rather ambivalent about other smoked meats except smoked tri-tip, which I strongly dislike--the smoke/steak-texture combo reminds me of cheap bologna.

I like to cook a lot of food but I am not terribly fond of hosting events at my house so I am considering opening a barbecue restaurant.

​Welcome to The Pit (fuzz)! Nice smoker there, the YLW, I run one too. No idea about a vegan brisket....is that even possible?

Great job on your signature...you must've read your home work, if not it's here: homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few other how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Dear Jesus, please make this thread title go away.

Of course living out there on the left coast, especially up in the corner, Vegan brisket would probably sell like hotcakes!

Vegan hotcakes, that is.

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit fuzz

Comment

(fuzz) I would suggest reading the tri tip article here: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/...ip_steaks.html

As the article says, you don't use smoke the tri tip. I have done a bunch of tri tips using the reverse sear technique. The Slow n Sear accessory is perfect for this cut. Until I get a SnS, I use the Smokenator at 225 to get the tri tip to 125 and then I blast it on high heat, turning often, until it gets to 130

Comment

I don't think there is enough meat on a vegan to make a brisket out of em.

Comment

Hey fuzz! Welcome.

Comment

Vegan Brisket Recipe:
                Find a vegan cow.
                Remove brisket.
                Enjoy!

Comment

• Ray
                  Ray commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice explanation, (fuzz)! And welcome.

Welcome (fuzz)! Like your name.

Comment

FLBuckeye That is the recipe I used and I had it on the smoker even less time than recommended but it just did not do it for me. After reading that I anticipated reverse-sear tri-tip being my new favorite food, a mind-altering cross between brisket and steak. When I was done searing it looked great and it smelled great--in my mind I was already telling people how amazing it was and how it was my new favorite food. Then I took a bite and the sad trombone played.

That's OK, though, more room in my belly for brisket

Comment

• FLBuckeye
                    FLBuckeye commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Did you use all ashed over briquets? If you have unlit coals that ignite while cooking, you will get some unwanted smoke. Just an idea

Hey (fuzz) Welcome Aboard

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here