Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from San Diego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from San Diego

Hi everybody and a belated Happy Father's Day to you.

Not much of a griller yet. I finally started using my Traeger Junior Elite 20 about a year ago. I'm pretty good with a tri-tip. I learned to buy the prime for a buck a pound more, good stuff!

Branching into the Costco sub-primal vak-paks which are around 20lbs. Some of them have to be further trimmed and cut into recognizable pieces of meat suitable for home cooking. I've watched a lot of youtube videos with butchers showing how it is done, although for the most part they seem to be handling a big blob of meat and I can't tell what they mean by the top, bottom, or sides. But all good so far. Forgot to mention the reason for this was the meat shortage.

Also have used my sous-vide a bit. I bought a super cheapo set of tupperware at Wally's just to get the largest size bin that was in it, I cut a hole in the corner for my SV and it works fine. I do prefer the smoke flavor that the Traeger gives though FWIW. I did a little combo cook that I posted about a few days ago, SV then traeger, maybe that's called SQ?

Cool website !

PS I'm thinking about going for a Traeger silvertone from Costco, the smaller one is around $600 I think and has wifi, etc.
    Last edited by zzdocxx; June 23, 2020, 09:23 PM.

Welcome from an hour up the road!

Comment

Salutations from Hays, Kansas!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Greetings from City Heights! Or East San Diego, as it's more properly called.

Comment

Welcome from Poway. Just up the road from you.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
              Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from Massachusetts!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas! Ask your questions about pellet cookers in the the pellet section, and you will get plenty of advice.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy The Pit.

Comment

Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here