Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Rochester NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Rochester NY

Hello all, I've been around this site for about a year and a half. I bought a Sabercast 500 gasser as a result of a review on this site, after I guit smoking at the end of 2013. Smoking while tending my Weber kettles was a favorite past time of mine, and I couldn't cook on them last spring because all I wanted was a cigarette. Fast forward to spring of '15, I've quit for long enough that I can again hang by the grill without craving a cigarette.

I'm in my late 40's and have been grilling since my teens. I started cooking mahogany clams on a park grill in the 80's. I switched to whatever grill was free after college in 1990. In 1998 I bought a Weber 22" kettle that lasted until last month, after sitting outside in some of the harshest climate this world could throw at her. I also own my second Weber Smokey Joe Silver and an 18" Weber kettle. The Saber is great but sitting in the garage unused this year as I just picked up a Kamado Joe Classic.

I took some cooking courses in college so I have a little training in traditional French methods. My wife and I cook a lot of Persian, Indian, Mexican, Cuban, Soul Food etc. The Kamado Joe is going to really help out with all of this. I've only used it once so far, and grilled up four whole large eggplants for a killer dip similar to baba ganoush but I think better.

Thanks to everyone for their grilling wisdom. I love all the great ideas, questions, answers and recipes this site has to offer. I actually have some people, at work totally addicted to Meatheads burger sauce recipe. It really is something else!!!
    Last edited by Don Jr; May 28, 2015, 06:31 PM.

Welcome to The Pit Don Jr! Congrats on kicking the habit! Shame your 22" kettle took a dive.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome Don. Living someplace like Rochester, I can understand why a kamado would be a good thing - we expect to see you cooking all winter

Comment

Welcome aboard, Don

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here