Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Hannover, Germany :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Hannover, Germany :-)

Hi everyone,

a friendly wave from the other side of the Atlantic: My name is Detlev, I live in Hannover, Germany with my wife. We are a little separated from our grill - the poor buddy lives on the countryside, behind my mother's house, around 25km from where we live. It suffers neglect in the week and gets company only on the weekend :-)

I'm still quite a novice, having started last year with a Q2200, which I considered mighty huge, but then found out you need volume for indirect two-zone-cooking. PP and ribs are not impossible, but inconvenient on the Q-line.

I can now prove that I have the best wife in the world: I got a promotion at work, and decided that a new unit is my physical bonus to myself for that. So we went to the next dealer, because I wanted to look at the Sprit in enamel and stainless. When we were there, in front of a Genesis E-330, she said: Do this correctly. If you take this one, we don't need to stand here next year, again. In Germany, the Weber products are around 2/3 more expensive, compared to the USA. So such an advice does not come easily, it's really a lot of money to buy a Weber over here.

Well, what can I say? I am now the prowd owner of a Genesis E-330 in copper.

My talent is limited to following other people's recipes, cooking standard items like cheddar-bacon-burgers, bacon bomb, pulled pork and so on. Nothing you haven't seen before, sorry :-)

Today will be my first attempt at smoked salmon. Hm...

Ok, that's it from my side. Looking forward to learning from you :-)

Best regards,

Detlev
    Last edited by top_gun_de; May 16, 2015, 04:08 AM.

Welcome top_gun_de..
    You know your deal wasn't so bad the good stuff here in Australia costs more than double compared to USA. I'm sure You will love AR and there's a lot to learn here. BTW I live in Australia now but I was born not far from where You are - the Czech Republic - just across the border...Welcome and a Guten Tag to You!!

Comment

Welcome tgd!

Comment

Welcome from western Canada!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit top_gun_de

Comment

Welcome Detlev and congratulations on your purchase. Weber makes excellent gas grills and you can cook just about anything on them.

Comment

Welcome Detlev top_gun_de! Thanks for your support! That's a cool story on the promotion and the new grill, congrats on both (and such a sensible wife!) I love the copper color.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here