Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Southern Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Southern Oregon

Hello from Southern Oregon. I am pretty new to AmazingRibs, but have been BBQ'ing for awhile. I have 2 old Weber BBQ's. One, the older(20+ years) has been converted to a smoker with a pitmasterIQ analog smoke unit and the other is used for grilling. I have a gas grill(Weber Silver) that is 25 years old. Lastly I have a Homemade(Local FFA High School welding class) Off-Set smoker. I live on a ranch and we raise our own Red Angus Beef and Hampshire/Suffolk Meat lambs. I hope to learn more about smoking, especially different pieces of meat as we get a variety of cuts when you have the local butcher shop cut & wrap your own animals.Lastly I just got a Thermoworks Smoke temperature probe for Christmas 2019, and that has been a real eye-opener on actual temps in each of my BBQ's and Smokers.
    I always enjoy BBQ, especially any new roadside grill that I can find. I get to travel quite a bit and lie to seek out BBQ joints in small towns from Northern WA down to about Bakersfield CA and east to Idaho and Utah.
    Today I just brined and seasoned up a Chuck shoulder Blade roast that I plan to smoke up tomorrow. Any suggestions are always appreciated!
    Cheers!

Howdy from the Great State of Jefferson! Oh wait, you're a Jeffersonian yourself. Well howdy anyway, and welcome to the Pit.

Comment

• Argoboy
      Argoboy commented
      Editing a comment
      Where is the state of Jefferson?

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome! You are close to Mike. When the southern wind blows north and you think your neighbor is BBQ’ing it isn’t. It’s Mike.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I think what tbob4 is trying to say is that I tend to blow a lot of smoke up people's......well, you get the drift....

I think I'm currently from Greater Idaho

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      That'll work too brother!!

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from the Okanogan Valley of Washington state.

Along with tips, techniques, and recipes about BBQ we have a lot of fun.

If you like music, go to this thread to hear what others are listening to and share what you like.

For jokes, go to this thread.

And here to enjoy some beautiful sunsets.

Go to this thread to post where you work and what your hobbies are and get to know other members here.

We are happy to have you along and looking forward to your participation.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Jeff.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas!

Comment

Hello neighbor from Grants Pass.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    Rubs Promo
                    Meat-Up in Memphis