Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from TX

My name is Garrett, born and raised in central Texas (Goldthwaite) and have been around central Tx stick burned BBQ for most of my life. It was only until about a year ago that I started to take smoking to another level by creating a competitive BBQ team, and finally got someone to join with me. We started out with a drum barrel offset smoker pulled on a Harbor Freight 800 pound capacity trailer and some last minute knowledge I gained off Amazingribs.com. We did not make it to the finals table, but we did learn a few things from other pitmasters who did- such as blue smoke and that you can't come here to get drunk and expect to place. I have finally got the blue smoke thing down.... So far we have been to 4 and managed to place on th eribs and brisket so I figured joining the pitmasters club will greatly increase my odds.

I have an undergrad in Agribusiness Management from Tarleton State University and work in the mortgage field. I live in Dallas right now because it was the first place I could find a job after college and I met a girl that I plan on marrying, so I will live here longer than expected.

I cook on an offset that me and my dad have been building and plan on taking it to many more competitions. Pictured is my new smoker, Fraulein. The firebox looks like its much bigger than the chamber and smoke stack, but it is lined with fire brick so the volume is just a little over the Feldon calculator specs. I will be adding fenders, woodbox, and a toolbox over the next week. Also pictured is my first smoker I brought to comps

Being from central TX I expect to see some amazing briskets. And the way you worded that sounded like you got the blue smoke part down but not the getting drunk and expecting to place part

Welcome.

Comment

The best part of those photos, as far as I'm concerned, is the canopy And the new smoker is cool too.

Hook 'Em Horns - Class of '85

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Gbell1577! Sounds like you'll fit in nicely here. Nice smoker!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here