Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello From Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From Michigan

Hello All,

I am from Canton Michigan, a western suburb of Detroit. I have been cooking BBQ and smoking food for about five years. I started out cooking on a Weber Genesis using the two zone cooking techniques and Last Meal Ribs recipe I found on AmaizingRibs.com. From the Genesis I moved to a propane box smoker and now I am currently cooking on a Yoder 640. Some my other equipment includes a Maverick 732, 12” & 18” A-Mazing Smoker tubes and Frogmats. Even though I usually BBQ something every weekend during the warmer months, I still consider myself a novice and rely on this site for tips and recipes when trying something new.

Welcome to The Pit Focker! Any favorite BBQ or steak places in the motor city? I'm about ~2 1/2hrs north of you near Clare.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome and thanks for the support!!

I work with a woman from MI down here in east Texas.

Comment

Welcome, Focker. Michigan is a wonderful place!

Comment

Hello Focker I work in Canton but live in Howell ! I hope you enjoy this forum.

Comment

Welcome to the pit!

Comment

Hey! Another Michigander. I owned a house in Canton for 2 years ('96-'98). East side of Lilley about 1/4 mile south of Palmer. I live in South Lyon which isn't too far from Canton, although Howell, where JGK lives, is a bit closer.

PS - is your first name Greg or Gaylord?

Comment

Rich Here,

Hello from Northern Indiana. Lurking around the site for about a year and decided to join. Gotten a lot of tips that have worked out wonderfully. Fairly new to smoking and have been loving it so far.

Comment

Welcome Aboard, Rich and Focker

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome from PA. The only affiliation I have with Michigan is that I'm an The Ohio State fan (born & raised east of Cleveland). Sorry. We still can be friends (I like Jim Harbaugh shhhh). FYI my wife, kids, in laws etc. are Penn State fans. My son in law has already ordered ribs & pulled pork for the OSU vs Penn St. game.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here