Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Hello

Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. My name is Forrest Coy, also known as SlowRollin'. I have been soaking up wood smoke since I was about 8, and have been cooking since I was about 12. I gave competitive cooking a shot for about 10 years while I was in my 30's but now in my 40's, I'm all about cooking for my family and friends.

I am looking forward to soaking up knowledge as well as passing some on.

Glad to be here and, keep that smoke SlowRollin'

Welcome, Forrest!

Comment

Welcome, I look forward to learning some good stuff from you! If you were competitive for 10 years then you must have been pretty good, i'm always looking for some techniques.
      The official welcoming crew will be around before long, until then you can try to get that signature going, i'm interested to know what kind of hardware you're using.

Comment

John, sadly I lost my smoker of 10 years to a tree falling through our house and smoker. So she is now cooking for the angels.... But the good news is, I am having a custom 20" ID smoker built as I type this and should have her in the yard mid month. As for being good..... We held our own at the local events. But to be completely honest, there are very few differences between cooking at home and cooking in a comp. well except now I don't have any drama, time crunches, outlandish costs, and less travel (I do enough of that for work). I just get to cook food for people I love and enjoy the cook.

Comment

Welcome to the "Q"

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes. I'll get some type of signature worked up soon.

Comment

Hey, SlowRollin, welcome to the Pit. One of the mods will be by soon to give you an official hello. Let us know how that new smoker shapes up. You must be so excited to have it on its way.

Have a good time looking through some of the topics here. Lots of good info to be had.

Kathryn

Comment

fzxdoc, yes I am excited!!!! And I have morned the loss of my other pit long enough lol.............. time to get back at it!

Comment

YO Rollin, WELCOM!

Comment

Looks like the official welcoming crew has already shown up.. Welcome Forrest! Glad to have such an experienced cook here to whip us into shape!

When you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Annoucnements channel on the main page, as well as the Tips post and others in that channel. This will help you set up your signature, which will in turn help the rest of us when conversing with you, and also help you post pictures the best way. Enjoy The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Forrest! When you have a moment please check out my Welcome letter and Tips post. They'll help you complete your signature. You can find them here.

Comment

WooooooHoooooo! Finally got a chance to sit down and add a signature.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowRollin' View Post
                          WooooooHoooooo! Finally got a chance to sit down and add a signature.

Excellent job on the Sig SlowRollin

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here